Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

22 Cal's legal in WYO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: 22 Cal's legal in WYO

I did say there are people that can do so..but i will say again that unless everything goes perfectly that wont happen,,i grew up on a dairy farm and i,ve killed a lot of whitetail deer with 220 swift and 22-250 and 22hornet but not all piled up on the spot with proper bullet placement...very few people can do so
Old 02-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member

It's pretty hard to read a post by a guy spouting off like you are about the body shots and then turn right around and see you espouse head shots at big game at ANY kind of distance! I say BS to both statements!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
I did say there are people that can do so..but i will say again that unless everything goes perfectly that wont happen,,i grew up on a dairy farm and i,ve killed a lot of whitetail deer with 220 swift and 22-250 and 22hornet but not all piled up on the spot with proper bullet placement...very few people can do so
My wife and my buddies wife have no issues piling up deer with a 22-250, if you screw up with a 22-250 you'll screw up with anything else, just put a decent bullet through there lungs/heart and their just as dead as if I hit them with one of my magnums!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun 30-06 View Post
it's pretty hard to read a post by a guy spouting off like you are about the body shots and then turn right around and see you espouse head shots at big game at any kind of distance! I say bs to both statements!!!
you took what i said all wrong ..i said when you start saying it is no big deal to kill a animal at 500yards or more with 22 cal. Bullets and do it cleanly and humanely every time i say ,,,bull **** it cannot be done. It,s for that reason that i said to shoot them in the head.
If you miss no big deal ..but a gut shot looses animals. I also said
to practice a lot so you are able to do just that.
I know there are more people on this site that will agree with iam saying but just wont say it. You can also say i talk **** if you want but i can back up whatever i say or i wont post it. I have many years shooting ,and i have a right to voice my opinon just as you gies or anyone else on this site.
I,am not here to bust anyones a-- just stating what i feel is correct.
Sorry if you have taken me incorrectly.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
I,am not here to bust anyones a-- just stating what i feel is correct.
You are not correct, fact not feelings!!! At 550 yards my buddies 22-250 with a 60gr Berger hits at just under 2000 fps and 530 ft lbs of energy, bullets enter and open just at the on side lung and blow a couple inch hole through and out the back side exiting with enough to throw up dust. Game do a little sprint and fall over dead, it's not rocket science!! We've only had one of these bullets not blow a nice exit hole and that was a doe antelope in close and he shot her right on the point of the shoulder quartering toward him, ruined her heart and lungs and she jumped and fell dead. No issues, no losses, no problem!!

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
you are not correct, fact not feelings!!! At 550 yards my buddies 22-250 with a 60gr berger hits at just under 2000 fps and 530 ft lbs of energy, bullets enter and open just at the on side lung and blow a couple inch hole through and out the back side exiting with enough to throw up dust. Game do a little sprint and fall over dead, it's not rocket science!! We've only had one of these bullets not blow a nice exit hole and that was a doe antelope in close and he shot her right on the point of the shoulder quartering toward him, ruined her heart and lungs and she jumped and fell dead. No issues, no losses, no problem!!
fair enough ,,you do it your way and i will do it mine...i prefer the head shot, and you take the vitals with a 22-250 anyway.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member

Anybody who espouses a head shot on any big game animal over a heart/lung or shoulder shot is full of chit! There, now are ya happy? And don't tell me how great you can shoot a target that doesn't stand a chance of moving like the head of an animal at any time before the bullet gets to that little target! Please don't come back like you've already mentioned and say it's either a hit or a miss because I guess you've never seen pictures of deer and elk with their jaws blown away because of people like you! Talk about a slow, painful, miserable way to die---geez!!!