Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Antelope Hunting

2010 Wyoming Trip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Gold Member

Re: 2010 Wyoming Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBruce View Post

It would be great to see some other LRH members out in this part of WY this fall. It's pretty much tradition for 7mmSendaro and I to have some Beer and Venison Salami every night after hunting out here.
Sounds like I better make some extra salami . It is always a great time at the Bruce ranch..............can't wait until October!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Silver Member

I am not only anxious to get out there again.....Now I am hungry for some of that salami too....I just finished last week making my winter's supply of venison and antelope sausage....Hot Italian and Bratwurst burger....and it is really tasty....If I have any left I certainly have some in the cooler come October.....

Randy
Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Silver Member

Hey guys I am from minnesota and will be coming out this fall as well plannign a hunt in either zine 25 or 26 for antelope and deer making the calls now fo private land access and stuff like that. It would be neat to tet together and grab a beer if you guys are serious about it. Not to invite myself or anything.

good luck in the draw fellow MN hunter.

Mike
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Silver Member

Hi Mike,
I can't speak for 7mmSendaro & SBruce but if I find time and am able to make connections with you, refreshments at the end of a hard day afield sounds pretty good.....It looks like you will be west of where I am planning to hunt...Area 26 is a hard to find a public place to hunt area....I have heard that outfitters have sewed up a lot of the private there too......Area 22 used to be a separate draw for deer but now I see they have combined it into the regular Deer B license....I thought that I may do an excursion over that way by some of the few public spots and see if there might be a few decent deer there...Its only a hunch but worth a try....Being that it was not heavily hunted by the general public for several years.....

There is a old "watering hole" in Bill along with a motel & eatery that are new within the past couple of years...The bar looked pretty busy the times my sons and I drove by in the evenings.....So probably not the best or quietest spot place to visit (and the smoke in the WY bars is just like MN used to be)....

Are you going to camp?....If you are going out prior to season...A coffee & lunch a day or two before the opener might work out too.....I am driving down from northern MN (Hibbing) probably arriving Sept 29......

I am new to LRH.....been sort of a mid-range guy for years....Where I hunt the clear cuts in MN and WI for whitetails 200-300 yard shots are common have made a few beyond that.....Antelope hunting the last three years has given me three decent bucks but not the 1/4 miler yet.......

Really looking forward to this years hunt and maybe getting to meet a few of the forum members sounds interesting and fun......

Later,
Randy
Old 02-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Silver Member

Started calling to find some land to hunt most are ok with antelope but not with deer the maps shoud be here today for area 22 deer and i previewed on the internet looks like a lil public land if you are willing to hike in a ways which we are definatley willing to do that.
We will be camping i have a really good friend with a 2008 30' camper we borrow we used to tent it but this makes life really nice trying to find a private person that will let us set up on there land.
Ya the smoking was bad in SD last year at the bars too i hate that. We will head out in late july some time to do some scouting i have a baby on the way in august so cant go when i would like to but cant wait to see my second child.
When we get a lil closer we will have to hook up and do some shooting this summer if you are game for it. I too am new to this LRH thing I have almost exclusivley archery hunted for the last 10 years but now with kids it is hard to get away as long as i want so this is a lil better for hunting but way more addicting also getting into reloading this year as well.
I heard there is a 1000yd range in Harris have you ever been there.
Mike
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Gold Member

I'm sure Sbruce will chime in here in a week or so. I believe he's working out somewhere pretty remote. When season get's closer we'll have to be sure and exchange contact info so we can meet up. Looking forward to it!
Old 02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Silver Member

Mike congrats on the little one coming.....We just had our eighth grand kid last Oct.....My wife and I have seven kids between us and now eight grandchildren.....

I have heard of the range at Harris...wish there was a long range close to us...I can shoot 100 from my bench in my back yard....200 and 300 from a portable bench in my back yard..but not the perfect setup for sure.....There is a pipeline and power line going through my hunting 80 in WI there I can setup for 400 & 500 yards but it is 110 miles from here.....Around here I can drive into the Superior National Forest and usually find a clear cut where I can shoot 300 to 400 safely but not convenient and they usually grow up in a year to a point where you cannot get a clear shot because of brush.....

later,
Randy