Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting


Reply

Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 09-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jay Oklahoma
Posts: 107
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Congrats on a fine buck.
Good write up and good story.
Thank you for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Southwest Wyoming
Posts: 66
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Wow! What a great looking buck. We were hunting up in that region as well. Can't beat the beauty of that country.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Worland, Wyoming
Posts: 552
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmc2 View Post
Wow! What a great looking buck. We were hunting up in that region as well. Can't beat the beauty of that country.
The beauty is what keeps me going back year after year. I love it there.
__________________
Remington model 700 300 RUM LH 26" rem ss/blued receiver lam stock 215 Berger @3025/180 NAB @3300
Remington model 700 338 RUM LH 27" Broughton 5C 225NAB@3300 /300gr Berger@2830
Savage LH 22-250
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:23 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Terre Haute In.
Posts: 695
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Congratulations, that is a great buck.I killed my first muley ever, on the 20th. I think he was about half that size and if you put a 3 behind your range that's how far he was. Again very nice deer, oh yeah I had to pack him out on foot and I'm 64 damn. But it was only 4 miles
__________________
Rick

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Worland, Wyoming
Posts: 552
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
Congratulations, that is a great buck.I killed my first muley ever, on the 20th. I think he was about half that size and if you put a 3 behind your range that's how far he was. Again very nice deer, oh yeah I had to pack him out on foot and I'm 64 damn. But it was only 4 miles
Congrats on your first muley! At 64, packing him out 4 miles is a feat! I used to pack mine out on my back, now I pack them out on my horses back.
__________________
Remington model 700 300 RUM LH 26" rem ss/blued receiver lam stock 215 Berger @3025/180 NAB @3300
Remington model 700 338 RUM LH 27" Broughton 5C 225NAB@3300 /300gr Berger@2830
Savage LH 22-250
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Terre Haute In.
Posts: 695
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Camilleri View Post
Congrats on your first muley! At 64, packing him out 4 miles is a feat! I used to pack mine out on my back, now I pack them out on my horses back.
Thanks, yeah I would have paid a lot of money for a horse right then. Actually i just finished posting a couple of pics of my deer and a brief story. Like I said no where near the size of yours. but when you only have a week I guess beggers can't be choosers.
__________________
Rick

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 24
Re: Wyoming Mule Deer Opener

Good Looking deer. Congrats
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Do you watch outdoor shows live or by recording them?
Always recorded - 13.30%
110 Votes
Mostly recorded - 24.18%
200 Votes
Sometimes recorded - 14.51%
120 Votes
Rarely or never recorded - 48.00%
397 Votes
Total Votes: 827
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC