Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

This will curl your hair

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Platinum Member

Re: This will curl your hair

Winmag, please except my apologies. I was truly just ribbing you, and yes I consider you a LR friend. I know your connection to Nossler and how you like them. I still have some loaded too. The joke was intended to be like we were shooting friends and poking jokes. That's why I added the "just kidding" . Sorry it didn't come across to you that way. I read your post about the Bear you killed and your comparison of wounds. I didn't comment there, so plese realize I do not look for any chance to poke.

You must have a bur with me and I sure was not aware of it. Rest assured I will not offend again.

You are right though, this is getting very old. I have been posting less these days. I do not want to offend anyone. This is our passion and should be fun.

again, my apologies, good luck in your ventures.

Jeff
Old 08-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
We've been down this road many times Jeff. It's kinda getting old don'tcha think?

Would it be the same comment if it was near the Berger factory?

You sure are getting opinionated these days. It used to be that you were always there for quality advise, & actually were sincere. But lately, if everybody isn't on the ELR train shooting Bergers, & dialing past 1k, it's back handed advise on scope issues & comments like this^^^ looking down your nose I guess.
We all know your a great shot, and an experienced hunter. We ALL know which bullet you prefer, cause you never miss a chance to jab anyone else's bullet choice, but how bout you lay off a bit. It's beyond annoying.

Ya I consider you an LRH friend, & respect your experience, & ability, but this is horse $#!+. Back off
I 100% agree these cheap jabs from some of these people are getting old. They have not out grown the grade school bully attitude. Too bad it really cheapens the quality of others that want to post good advise on here and don't because one has nothing to do but post 4000 plus post on here with there point of view no matter how misconstrued it may be.
I will bet anything that once Nosler finishes the development on the Long Range Accubond ALOT of the Berger fans will jump ship. Or they might say Nosler lies on the BC and keep up with the bully attitude. Any how I assure you Nosler is as good as any. And shot placement is king no matter if it is a 30 cal Berger or a 7mm competitor.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Platinum Member

That is an awesome picture. I took my first trip out west with my wife last year - our first night was in Cody WY. We pulled in to the hotel parking lot and their was a 4x4 Muley munching grass out on the side. Absolutely awesome - been looking for an excuse to move out ever since!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member

Yo! Dudes!

Lighten up a bit, eh?

I've shot with Jeff for a day and got to know him a little.

The next time I was in Townsend Jeff was working so we didn't meet at the shoot.

However, on the way out of town the horses under the hood broke out. Yep, blew the engine.

Once I found the phone number, one call later Broz bailed me out. Towed the Durango into town and put me up for the weekend.

Met the whole fam damily plus the next addition to it. Top cabin all the way around. However nice the men are Mrs. Bros Is a
notch or two higher on the ladder.

We shot,cleaned and chewed the fat.. Nary a rude or disrespectful word was uttered about any one by any of us, though the opportunity was there a couple of times.

You'll notice that both Jeff and I are both posting a bit less and on a more narrow range of threads. Jeff's passion is extreme long range and he pushes it to the limits which, is his nature as evidenced by the NHRA national trophies on the wall.

Me? Ha! I'm getting ELR passionate and likewise for packing goats,

Len's living room hosts a broad spectrum of shooters. If we were to all gather in his living room at the same time it wouldn't be long until there were many small groups discussing what is of interest to themselves. Cross talking wouldn't occur much. On the forum it does.

There isn't any LRH forum member that I've met, communicated with, or dealt with that wouldn't help another shooter in their time of need.

Heck, I look forward to meeting a bunch of you, and recon that many would want to meet me only once.

Ok, I'll shut up!

Hope y'all catch my drift.

Oh! And BTW that is one super buck regardless of where he lives!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

I have worked my ***** of looking for a buck like that in the way back, high ridges of MT. And never even seen one like that great photo,thanks. The last great buck I shot was at close range and I penciled him with a Barnes and had not switched back to my AB's for timber work. The rifle was not one of my usual 338, but a pip-squeak 300WSM
Old 08-31-2013, 06:32 AM
Gold Member

That is an awesome buck! Thanks for posting it for all to see.