Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Smallest of the 3 "Nosler bucks" poached in Bend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member

Smallest of the 3 "Nosler bucks" poached in Bend

Yep some idiot actually thought they could pull it off wit a bow in the city limits.

Illegal shooting of trophy buck in Bend under investigation by Oregon State Police | OregonLive.com

Sucks that it happened at all. At least it wasn't the drop tine buck I posted a picture of a couple days ago. (This will curl your hair thread) It was the smallest of his buddy's. The three bucks are so well known around here they are actually dubbed "The Nosler Bucks" because of where they hang out, right next to the Nosler Bullet co.

Guess you gotta be a special kind of stupid to think you could pull that off un noticed around Bend.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 09-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Smallest of the 3 "Nosler bucks" poached in Bend

You cant fix stupid... I hope they catch who ever did this its a shame.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Platinum Member

There's gonna be finger prints and epadurals (or whatever ya call it ) all over that arrow if it can be found.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by royinidaho View Post
There's gonna be finger prints and epadurals (or whatever ya call it ) all over that arrow if it can be found.
Saw the local pics etc.
Buck was shot Way back, just in front of the right hip (entry), & exited behind liver on left. (Off side) Didn't appear to hit anything vital. Strait up gut shot. Arrow still sticking out of the deer before officer dispatched it the next day.

If that wasn't bad enough, all the granola crunchin', Birkenstock wearin', tree huggin', incense burnin', hemp sportin' long hairs around Bend, & surrounding areas got more anti hunting press for free.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

A-hole. Complete A-Hole. Irrational and pointless. Hope they get him.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Silver Member

There used to be a wood molding place right next to Nosler. Delivered there few times when I was running flatbed. Used to go to nosler and look around in show room while I was getting unloaded. Hope they find the jerk and hang him by his marbles with the arrow he used.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Gold Member

Usually they get off .....................Out here we have a really nice Elk heard that every year hunters or some jackasses coming back from a frustrating hunt kills a huge Bull right off the road, last year someone shot a nice 6x6 that would have goine 366
Our wardens don't spend much time going after Game thieves but all the Meth labs that are all over the state's outback. Not to mention the Mexican Drug Cartels that have Pot farms all over the hills....................Right now if someone has less than 100 plants not one cares.

We need to realize somting here, and face facts our country is being invaded and our Local, Sate, and Federal Gov are doing NOTHING about it..................Just wait when some Illegal sticks a AK in your face because while out Deer hunting you walked into his pot farm.

Its time we take the law into our own hands.......................just like the wolves, shoot to kill to hell with the laws