Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Nebraska late season muley doe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2014, 10:12 PM
Silver Member

Nebraska late season muley doe

Was able to make it out Saturday to fill one of my late season tags. I was setup on some cut bean fields. About an hour before sunset 3 does made there way into the fields to feed. I entered the field conditions into shooter on my phone. Range was 386 yards. Settled in behind the rifle and corrected the parallax along with dialing the 5.8 moa of drop. Wind was almost zero. Settled the reticle behind her shoulder and slowly squeezed the trigger till the rifle barked sending the 140gr amax. Hit her directly behind the shoulder. She ran about 60 yards and tipped over.

Just want to say thanks to Len for an awesome site and everyone that has contributed to this site. Especially to Broz for his behind the scenes help he has provided me!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Nebraska late season muley doe-image.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Gold Member

Re: Nebraska late season muley doe

Congrats. Well done! It seems funny to me that you found a day to hunt in Nebraska with calm winds, especially in the western part of the state. I would have to regard that, in and of itself, to be a good omen.

Nice rig, BTW. Which 6.5 is it chambered for?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:44 AM
Silver Member

Thanks! I believe the shooting gods were watching over me! It was blowing around 10mph but for about 3 mins during dialing and through the shot the wind just stopped! This rifle is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:06 AM
Silver Member

We did good in Nebraska this year too...

It was windy basically the whole trip, then it was calm for about an hour and I managed to smack one at 400 with my 6.5x284. That was the longest shot that presented itself during the hunt.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:40 AM
Silver Member

Looks like you guys were stacking them like it was your job! Great job and a hell of a buck you got! Where abouts were you hunting?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtking View Post
Looks like you guys were stacking them like it was your job! Great job and a hell of a buck you got! Where abouts were you hunting?
South of Loomis and West of Atlanta. I also have a small section south of Oxford to hunt on. There were 4 of us this year and we ended up with 8 deer. We have a bit of meat to eat now...
Old 01-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Gold Member

Nice job. Congrats.