Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

My 76 year old fater in law scores in Kansas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Re: My 76 year old fater in law scores in Kansas

Yup, He's still talking about the trip. This is not the first time we have gone together but it is the first time we put some serious range time in and discussed all the equipment he would be using. Usually we go tot he range once and I make sure he's safe wit hthe bolt action rifle and off we go. This time it just goes to show you no matter how old or young you are, practice pay off. Guy's, Thanks for the great comments.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/...aveanddeer.jpg

Last edited by Bman940; 12-20-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: wrong pic
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Platinum Member

Good for you guys and congrats especially to your father-in-law! Merry Christmas!

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 12-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Bronze Member

Great story, thanks for sharing. And a very nice buck he put down.

I love these kinds of stories. My dad took my great uncle and his son to Colorado a few years back. He was in his early 70s and hadn't deer hunted in 10 years since my grandfater had died. He decided to go one last time, and ended up shooting a 170" muley that now proudly hangs on his wall.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Silver Member

B., There comes a time when that is what hunting is all about.It is not about what we shoot but about the joy others get feeling what we have already felt many times before.I got so much satisfaction out of helping my Father In-Law prep for our/his hunt. Then to see him successfully harvest a buck and 2 doe with 1 shot each was huge. I get the same thrill watching my son harvest an animal as well. Practice and a well placed shot is the key. Of course teaching him to use a rangefinder and how it correlated to the BDC retilce he was using help as well. I am getting the horns mounted on a board for him, my son asked if he could have them and Grand Pa can come visit them, defintely ok with G-ma as she is not into having trophies on the wall no matter what.
I didn't mention it before but my Father In-Law has Leukemia and who know's if this was his last trip or if he'll be up to going again. What we do know is that this was an unforgettable trip for both of us.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 AM

Dear sir god bless you and your father-in lawn .time well spent and never forgotten.