Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Maral hunting in the mountains of Kazakhstan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Bronze Member

Re: Maral hunting in the mountains of Kazakhstan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang58 View Post
Those Maral look a lot like our elk. Tell us about the wolf and the hunting there.
Kazakhstan is quite amaizing in terms of hunting. There are big populations of marals, roe deer, pigs and ibex in the mountain part of the country, goose in the north, bear and moose in the east and wolf in all regions. In addition we also have sheep but now this hunting is prohibited. Hunting season for majority objects opens on September 1 and lasts until December 31. For wolf you can hunt almost the whole year except March and April.

On mountain animals we usualy hunt either riding on a horse or on foot. The altitude of hunting in the mountains is about 2500-4000 meters and temperature is between 15 to -20 Celsius degree. Wolves are very desirable trophy for Kazakhs. To get a real wild hunter is the number 1 objective for every hunter. The most effective way to take a wolf is to use a snowmobile or a 4wd car.

The biggest issue of the hunting business is illegal hunting. Low living level in rural area pushes locals to violate rules to feed their families. Unfortunately it is not really controled by authorities. So, actually that is it if say briefly about hunting in Kazakhstan. If someone has any further questions regarding hunting in Kazakhstan please let me know.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:19 AM

Beautiful Country to hunt in that's for sure , you have a Great Rifle set up so I know you'll do well where ever you go .
Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltactiondave284 View Post
Beautiful Country to hunt in that's for sure , you have a Great Rifle set up so I know you'll do well where ever you go .
Many thanks!
Old 03-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Bronze Member

Interesting read... thanks.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Bronze Member

Beautiful country!

Those A-Max's look to be very effective on elk. I'm going to try them this year on deer.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM
Silver Member

Didn't you know you need at least a .338 to kill an animal that big past 300 yards

Beautiful animals and country. You have a perfect compliment of rifles also. Nice light .308 that is obviously very capable and a dedicated longrange hammer. Thanks for the interesting story from your corner of the world.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchik View Post
Kazakhstan is quite amaizing in terms of hunting. There are big populations of marals, roe deer, pigs and ibex in the mountain part of the country, goose in the north, bear and moose in the east and wolf in all regions. In addition we also have sheep but now this hunting is prohibited. Hunting season for majority objects opens on September 1 and lasts until December 31. For wolf you can hunt almost the whole year except March and April.

On mountain animals we usualy hunt either riding on a horse or on foot. The altitude of hunting in the mountains is about 2500-4000 meters and temperature is between 15 to -20 Celsius degree. Wolves are very desirable trophy for Kazakhs. To get a real wild hunter is the number 1 objective for every hunter. The most effective way to take a wolf is to use a snowmobile or a 4wd car.

The biggest issue of the hunting business is illegal hunting. Low living level in rural area pushes locals to violate rules to feed their families. Unfortunately it is not really controled by authorities. So, actually that is it if say briefly about hunting in Kazakhstan. If someone has any further questions regarding hunting in Kazakhstan please let me know.
Indeed a beautiful country with many games to offer. The closest I've gotten to Kazakhstan is Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan in 2004.

Thanks for sharing info, esp your awesome hunt and harvest!

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.