Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

lets hear it pa boys,howd ya do"ridge to ridge"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: lets hear it pa boys,howd ya do"ridge to ridge"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
nice job boyd. im guessing around 600? nice camera setup also. ive never gotten into that. your eyes must be pretty spread out, as both sights are still on the spacemasters.
ive only taken 1 bear, and that was a similar event. we saw him first at about 100 ft. he saw us at same time we saw him. down the hill across a road, and up the side we were looking at. i picked him up about 1/3 way up. didnt think he would stop. we had walked in there and no rangefinder. we have a book w/ various yardages for spots like that. he finally stopped, and my son said 7 to 750. i held the 700 dot on top of his shoulder w/ my 7x300 sporter, and down he went. pure luck. i was 70 at the time. and had several misses in earlier years. jerry was with us, and it happened so fast he never even found the damned thing untill after he was dead.
It was 675 yards.The sight on the right spacemaster has been cut off.Just does not look like it in the pic.I have two bear kills on video.Well,I have some pretty good audio.My glasses and camara are pointed to the same spot if my glasses are centered on the target.When we killed both those bears there was only two of us both times.And its very hard to run the gun,a camera and spot all at the same time.I'm pretty good.But I'm not that good.The 2nd one happened so fast I didn't get the camera on til it was already dead