Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

$$ Hunting Trips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Bronze Member

Re: $$ Hunting Trips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
my problem with it is the deer cant leave if its high fence so its not nearly as cool as when someone kills a monster on public land. But I dont care what you or anyone else does either. I certainly dont hold another guys 220" high fence in a higher reguard than my 165" public land whitetail. But to each his own...and yes Mrs. Welker if you are reading this you are crazy hot
I agree with that, you can't compare much of anything when one has a more controlled environment than the other.... In fact my favorite deer i have ever killed is a 150" typical 13 point i killed in Sterling County Texas (not public land, but was low fenced).

I take it when everyone is saying public land they are referring to low fence land? Most of Texas is private land especially out west, in fact i don't think i have ever met a single person that hunts public land in Texas.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Welker View Post
I agree with that, you can't compare much of anything when one has a more controlled environment than the other.... In fact my favorite deer i have ever killed is a 150" typical 13 point i killed in Sterling County Texas (not public land, but was low fenced).

I take it when everyone is saying public land they are referring to low fence land? Most of Texas is private land especially out west, in fact i don't think i have ever met a single person that hunts public land in Texas.

I say public because that is mostly what I hunt out here in wyoming but yes I should have said low fence

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

Like mike, I'm talking low or no fence but available to anyone who wants to hunt.