Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Hunt swapping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Silver Member

Re: Hunt swapping

What unit in Colorado does he hunt? I know that if he is not killing a 300 plus bull out here then his trophy expectations are way low or the land does not hold that age class of animals. I am guessing he hunts a genereal unit and if that is the case the average age bull harvested is 3.5 years old only because there is a point restriction.
I would find somebody that has the same trophy expectations you do or this thing is more than likely going to go south. I have traded a lot of hunts with guys and I will only take serious trophy hunters that understand what it is they are agreeing to.
The guy might be the greatest guy in the world, but I would rather find out some other way than taking him to my best spot.
I have no idea the quality of animals you will be presenting him but, for your knowledge if you are going to hunt Colorado general units you need a guy that knows the back country and consistantley kills those tough old bulls.
Look at my photos on the trophy photos site of this web page, all those animals were killed last year on public land. That is the quality you need to be trading for.