Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Had a Great Family weekend at camp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Bronze Member

Had a Great Family weekend at camp

We went up to the camp this past weekend. It was just my two boys and my wife. A family getaway. This was my wifes first time in South Carolina and she fell in love with the place. The deer movement was slow for us but it was a great time nonetheless. I know mom will be coming up more often, that means more trips for us!!!! Cant beat that....
Here is mom and Daniel in one of the afternoon hunts. (she does have a camo jacket, hadn't put it on yet). They sat in one of the blinds overlooking a field. The had turkeys feeding in front of them most of the afternoon.

Daniel did his first solo hunt this weekend. I put him up in the stand around 5:15 and he stayed put till almost 11. He didn't see much of anything so he said he played "spot the squirrel". Said he had 6 of them out at one time. (note - find different burlap for the stand - this one is see thru)

On Saturday morning, we pulled some cards from the trail cameras. Not much daytime action and the same bucks we have been seeing are still around. When we went back Sunday morning to put the card back, look what we found RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA WITHOUT A CARD!!!!!

On Saturday Afternoon, I dropped everyone off at their stands and was rushing to get to mine. I grabbed my rifle and back pack, walked down the road to the trailhead to get to my stand. Pulled out the scent spray, started to spray down and when I get to my feet, what do I see.....

Yep - forgot my boots - I hunted in Crocs!!!!
Family time...Nothing better......

Take your kids hunting and fishing...no experience like it!!!!!

Follow us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BoneHeadHuntClub

http://www.facebook.com/RunningwithDanny

Like our page and join in the fight to Find the Cure for Cystic Fibrosis
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Field Editor

Re: Had a Great Family weekend at camp

Looks like everybody had a great time! That's what it's all about.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Silver Member

An awesome wkend for sure!!!
Can't wait to get back to KY for the first time in over a yr, I was informed this morning "Uncle Matt is taking me hunting when he gets back" she's 8 and apparently doesn't care if we are only hunting with the camera. Family is what it's all about!!!
Great story, best of luck and happy hunting
Old 11-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Bronze Member

Looks like your family had a blast.

Took my 11 year old daughter hunting this year, she was able to take a nice sized doe. I don't know who was more excited me or her. She really loved it, and I loved spending time with her. Just booked an overnight ice fishing trip to Upper Red Lake in MN for the whole family. Nothing beats spending time with your family, especially hunting and/or fishing.