Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

gotta send my APS rifle back

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Gold Member

Re: gotta send my APS rifle back

coues,
mine is a rem 700 LH, fluted lilja #8, 9 twist finished at 30", all sets in a richards thumbhole varminter laminate. with the 6.5x20x50 mark 4 and loaded it weighs 15 pounds.
RR
Old 12-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post
coues,
mine is a rem 700 LH, fluted lilja #8, 9 twist finished at 30", all sets in a richards thumbhole varminter laminate. with the 6.5x20x50 mark 4 and loaded it weighs 15 pounds.
RR
Very nice! Thanks RR.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Yep Ridge Runner, my 270 AM just wasn't enough, so now I have a 338 AM too, for the looooong range stuff. Great shooting!!!

Last edited by magicofmt; 12-29-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner View Post

well recovering the accubond isn't gonna happen, while hanging the deer I found an exit wound in the wolly part of the flank, about nickel sized so even at that low of velocity the accubonds still expand some.
RR
VERY,VERY NICE!!! good job, what a great looking rifle, I am a lefty too, that is just so cool.
Ron Tilley
Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Gold Member

thanks all for the kind words, before I go any farther I would like to say that this rifle is by far the most accurate, and least temperamental rifle I have ever had in my hands.
I have rifles built by mark Bansner, Ray Romain, Jim Clark jr, tim lewis (Ithink thats his name) and a few other smiths and though they are great rifles, they are not in the same class as the APS.
And kirby gives us 1/2 the credit!

Well anyways, took 2 newbie guys to shooting past 200 yards last sat. they were absolutely amazed that they whacked a couple does at 575 yards and watched the impacts through the scope. they had never in they're hunting carreers saw deer actualy hammered to the ground like those were, they asked why there was such a big difference in my rifle and other rifles they had saw deer shot with, so I hadta level with them, told them it was kirby allen joo joo, this witch doctor from montana who builds rifles, and casts a spell on them that ensures a lifetime of death and destruction on anything its pointed at. think they believed me!!!!
RR
Old 12-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Gold Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again Kirby builds some fine shooting rifle.

I had two of my hunter out this year that hunt with me every year. One of the guys had never shot over 100-125 yards in his life and just started hunting 5 years ago. He likes to ride with me and hunt out of the truck so he get more more game that way. He started out by shooting a hog at 258yrd and could not get over how eze it was. I told him i would get him a shot at deer with the edge before he left. well next up was a big boar hog (400#big) at 395yrd he told me there's no way I'm going to hit that hog it's to far and if i do it's going to run off. i said just put it where you want it and let it fly it's just a hog. So now his new long range record is 395yrd and he up jumping around like kid at in a candy store. he said this gun is unbelievable. After we picked his friend up all i could here about for the rest of the day and night was all you have to do is point this gun at them and they fall over dead this thing is a canon and the sure you made that kind of shot speech from his friend.
the next day we pull up on a fence line and there's this buck eating. he said can i shoot that one i said if that the one you want lets get a little closer. he said let me shoot it from here with the canon (OK)
well one shot and 498yrd later there a dead buck on the ground and two guys jumping around like kids in a candy shop and one of them yelling I TOLD YOU ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POINT THIS CANON AT THEM AND THEY FALL OVER TOLD YOU.
So if Kirby doesn't thinks his rifle are just a little above average and want to give half the credit to use. I HAVE TO SAY THINK AGAIN!!! Here's a guy that has never shot this gun are at any thing over 100-125yrd and shoot three times at two hogs and one deer from 258,395,and 498yrs and there three dead animals on the ground What gave this guy half the credit????????????

KIRBY BUILDS ONE HELL OF A RIFLE THAT'S WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a pic of the guy and his buck he's the one on the right.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Thanks for the kind words but I still believe that a good rifle will only take you so far.

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com