Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

First Mule Deer Hunt - Region G

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Silver Member

Re: First Mule Deer Hunt - Region G

Well done...great hunt and a great write up.

Congratulations!

Chris
Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

I have never read a story told so well. You should take up writing hunting stories. The neat thing here is i would like to tell everyone i actually know Adam. He is my cousins nephew and lives around 10 miles from me. How i met him was a few weeks ago i was coming home from my camp in Pa. and close to adams house in Md. i hit a doe with my truck. Adam pulled up in his dodge and helped me load the road kill.
Mike
Old 02-07-2012, 11:49 PM

Man that was awesome!!! Every thing you wrote and everything that happened just awesome. My brother read your story today. We are real tight and talk every day and while we discussed our own western tag/points and hunt stratagies he brought it up and reminded me twice to read it. Good call bro!!

Thanks for writing and sharing your adventure. Good stuff!! oh yeah and congrates to both of you on those beasts. I hope my first muley hunt goes near as smooth.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member

I'm 64. have been hunting since I was 6, and reading hunting stories for almost that long too. Yours was as good as it gets and was backed up with some awesome photos and two great bucks. Congratulations for the superb job and taking us along on that adventure!!!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Gold Member

I agree with what you guys said, heck this guy missed his calling of being a writer. The little things such as going cross country he had you excited for him pulling in camp. It was one of the best i have ever read. Especially since i met his buddy adam lives 10 miles from me but didnt know the connection at first.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the appreciation of the story.

Guys like you (and myself) are the reason I wrote the story. I know how much I enjoy reading about other's hunting experiences and was hoping I could share some of that in this story. I also didn't want to understate how much this hunt meant to me. I look through the photos for a least a minute or two every single day at home or work and every time Adam and I talk we somehow manage to bring up the hunt. I'm sure its like beating a dead horse to everyone around...except us.

Glad so many got to experience and enjoy, at least a little bit, of what we were lucky enough to do.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Silver Member

Figured I'd go ahead and bump this one back up to the front page. Almost a year later and I still look through the pictures every day and wish I could go back.

Just whitetails back home in MD for this year. Hoping next year that we draw and elk tag in Wyoming. Hopefully I'll have another great trip to write about then.

Good luck to everyone this season.