Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Dog Hunters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Dog Hunters

Here in lower alabama ,I have permits to diff lands, they are some who hunt that will run dogs no permit just thru early or late day & night time ,its a trick when you do try to get in early set up , and right at light comes the dogs *%#* there is no priv land.here
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM

Re: Dog Hunters

? dogs for deer huntn ! fill me in! FROM the daskotas & i use my english cocker for pheasant huntn!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Bronze Member

Square off a piece of land, put shooters on the upwind side with shotguns, the handler releases a pack of deer dogs on the downwind side on a hot trail. The dogs run the deer to the shooters.....

Take your kids hunting and fishing...no experience like it!!!!!

Follow us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/BoneHeadHuntClub

http://www.facebook.com/RunningwithDanny

Like our page and join in the fight to Find the Cure for Cystic Fibrosis
Old 12-08-2011, 04:28 PM

well its people like that that give dog hunters a bad name. i run dogs and we are respectful of other peoples land. there is no rush like know that big buck is coming toward you and not knowing which way to look bc those dogs are right on top of you and coming closer. i truly appologize for those peoples ignorance. as a club we have about 30000 acres so we have enough land to run people with small tracks should stick to still hunting or join a bigger club.

i will warn you to not do anything rash though. a few years ago some of our dogs through no fault of our own got onto a man's 2 acre tract of land and he shot two or three. he was subsequently arrested and convicted of a felony. this man can never vote hunt or even own a firearm again.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck watchdog View Post
i will warn you to not do anything rash though. a few years ago some of our dogs through no fault of our own got onto a man's 2 acre tract of land and he shot two or three. he was subsequently arrested and convicted of a felony. this man can never vote hunt or even own a firearm again.
Why did he get in trouble for shooting dogs on his own property? And why was it a felony charge?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Silver Member

using dogs to deer hunt is like using dogs to run rabbits or bird dogs to flush out upland birds...i enjoy all types of deer hunting, including hound hunting. i guess it takes a hound man to understand...being able to pick out your dogs voice from 3 or 4 other dogs. then seening him first in the pack. And the deer is coming straight to your stand...it is a fun way to hunt and not as easy as people think it is
Old 12-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSickle View Post
Why did he get in trouble for shooting dogs on his own property? And why was it a felony charge?

you can not just shoot another mans dog. especially if it has done no harm to you or your land. if the dog killed a cow or chicken or some type of livestock it is not as looked down upon, still not desirable.
think of it like this. if someone parks on your land to hunt on theirs, knowing or not knowing that it was yours, you cant just set their truck on fire just bc it was on your land.