Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

CO OTC Muley Tags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 09:34 PM

CO OTC Muley Tags

I think I am going to do a muley hunt next fall in CO. What areas of the state have OTC tags for muleys that have a history of holding good quality bucks?

Ideally I would like to do this with an elk tag in my pocket at the same time but going after one animal only would be OK if the area would give me a better chance at one trophy animal over two meat animals.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Gold Member

Re: CO OTC Muley Tags

There are NO OTC deer tags in Colorado, haven't been for several years. You can get OTC Elk tags in some units, but all deer tags are through the draw. Good units require Preference Points, Preference Points are acquired one per year. The other way is to purchase a hunt through one of the Ranching for Wildlife ranches where you purchase the tag through the ranch.
Dave

Hunting Home | Colorado Parks and Wildlife
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 PM

Re: CO OTC Muley Tags

Thanks for the info, that might explain why I couldn't find any OTC tag info for CO.