Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

California Hunting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: California Hunting?

If I remember correctly there used to be a late season hunt in 9X for kids. I think is was sometime in December. If they still have that, you dads with young hunters should look into it. My brother and I used to be coyote hunting at that time and came up on various camps with big, big bucks hanging from a tree. If a person thinks there are no more big bucks in California...Visit the base of the Sierra's from north of Bishop to the top of Sherwin grade during the winter time!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:10 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmexkid View Post
If I remember correctly there used to be a late season hunt in 9X for kids. I think is was sometime in December. If they still have that, you dads with young hunters should look into it. My brother and I used to be coyote hunting at that time and came up on various camps with big, big bucks hanging from a tree. If a person thinks there are no more big bucks in California...Visit the base of the Sierra's from north of Bishop to the top of Sherwin grade during the winter time!!!
There are several of those hunts in CA. Just very limited draw. But you are right, huge bucks.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Gold Member

DFG added a bunch of youth, woman only and apprentice hunts for new hunters. Great thing about the youth hunts if you get them their license by 12 they are guaranteed max points at 16 upping the odds of getting one of those awesome tags.