Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

Big low fence 8pt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Gold Member

Re: Big low fence 8pt

Kyle, great buck and that picture is outstanding. Well done.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Silver Member

Kyle, sent you a PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Very nice---Low Fence ALWAYS trumps a High Fence of any size!! Again Nice Deer!!
Whats the difference if the buck was shot low fence or high fence? I really thought high fences sucked until I started hunting on my buddies ranch 50,000 acres some areas high fenced. The areas high fenced are all small ranches that all poach on my buddies land. They literally have all of there stands on the fence line looking towards my buddies property. A big deer is a big deer, and on really big ranches it is fair chase.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Bronze Member

I agree 1000% i have a ranch that is low fence and another ranch that is high fenced , and the high fenced ranch is big enough that it is still all fair chase too me. A big deer is a big deer i don't care where it is shot. The difference between my two ranches is exactly what you said, on our low fence ranch we have neighbors that border us that have their fence lines filled with stands 200 yards off of our fence. The best part about having a high fence is after we manage and grow our deer herd from no help from the neighbors they cannot kill the deer we have been protein feeding etc.., when the rut starts and the bucks chase the does around the country.

2 years ago i had a beautiful 150" 4 year old come to my feeder and i did not want to shoot him b/c i wanted to wait another year, low and behold later that day my neighbor was in town showing him off. Makes me sick that my family grows these deer and my neighbors shoot them before they are mature...

I guess its the nature of the beast when you have a low fence on the ranch.

Aim Small ~ Hit Small....