Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

ATV use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM

ATV use

Due to my limit in walking, this year i used a atv. I used it to scout with & then to find a hide. Iset it to be 100 yds to 175 away trail crossings,roads,scrapes,
I marked all places of interest so I would know where it joined the field and crossed,
I parked the atv behind my 6' high stand ea hunt,once the set up was done,I left the area for a week, Igot 4 deer,2 bucks 2 doe, no giants, just a 1st try, after ea.
I let the area rest for a week,between hunts . thanks to this forum I got good
info & results.
Thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member

Re: ATV use

I have been a backpack horseback hunter my entire life. I live on a remote ranch and a quad is the main transportation for me and my neighbors. I don't hunt from a quad but if I had a physical disability I would not hesitate to do so.

A quad is a great tool in hunting country if the privilege is not abused and sounds like you used yours wisely and had a good time. Good for you!

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein