Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

7MM WSM help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7MM WSM help

Wow, that was fast BigEclipse! 3 days from wanting advice, you sold 7WSM. Note...I don't think it was your A-bolt that was inaccurate unless the previous owner did something to it or got a lemon. The Abolt is normally very accurate. Maybe it just didn't like the Fed factory ammo.

I would have bought your Abolt 7WSM; I was shopping the web for many weeks for a good deal but 2 days ago I scored bigtime with a super deal on a new Savage 14 in 7mm RM. I really liked the WSM idea but in the end the 7RM won out.

I reload, so the availability wouldn't have been a problem. However, boiler room eventually might have been.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:20 AM

I really enjoy shooting the 7wsm, best load if not reloading would be the Federal Trophy Tip in 160 grain, i have killed Elk 335 yards and 420 yard,trying out the new Federal Trophy Cooper this season, every single animal i have taken has been a one shot kill, the only one that went almost 100 yards (mule deer)i hit him a little low, i have not had any issue getting ammo, so many places to order from, in fact the last 4 boxes i got was from Cheaper Than Dirt. If your rifle doesn't shoot out past 200 yards, than i would say possible gun it self or the type of ammo, but mine shoots excellent groups.(
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

I have a 7WSM and it loves the 162 A-Max's and 180 VLD's. Shoots 1/2 MOA with either load.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:42 AM

You may want to try this load, especially if you are wanting to shoot long range.

Trophy Gold