Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

40" & 30" Buck Pictures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska
Re: 40" & 30" Buck Pictures

I have to call BS on two of those pictures. One has been floating around the internet that I got in an email over 3 years ago that HAS been photo shop enhanced (which I believe was taken in AZ and NOT UT) and the very first photo in the thread is oh so obviously photo shop enhanced.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud but some of those photos are not worth getting excited about. A couple are but the 40"ers are lies plain and simple.

Sorry!

M

PS I still have the email which was dated back to 12/22/2006
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.

Last edited by Michael Eichele; 01-15-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Platinum Member

Micheal, Want to see the real deal check out my picts. on page 4 , 37" thread, seen bigger, still trying. Friends dad shot a 42'' WHEN i WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL, but the rack turns out like hands facing you, cool buck.I want to see it again and get a picture
Old 01-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Platinum Member

Again, we just posted these pictures for everyones viewing pleasure. For you guys who have seen them before who cares. Some of us like me have just seen them and they were fun to look at. I am a very busy man and don't have time to critique pictures like the rest of you and really don't care to. I look and enjoy. I think I know where these were taken because I am a retired rocket scientist and am pretty sure I recognized the background. But I really don't care where they were taken or by whom. I thought they were fun to look at. Sorry some of you don't think so. I think you need to keep your negative opinions to yourself. I see no person on here making any claims about these pictures so why does anyone see fit to contiuously bash them. Some of you obviously have a lot more time on your hands than I do.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Platinum Member

LTLR,

I am, sorry I offended you. I am sorry work has been slow and I have extra time on my hands. The break feels good actually.

I just get tired of people photo shoping deer and trying to pass them off as 40" monsters. This isnt the first time this has happened. It only make the people who take the pictures and propagate the hoax look bad.

Sorry.

M
Long range shooting is a process that ends with a result. Once you start to focus on the result (how bad your last shot was, how big the group is going to be, what your buck will score, what your match score is, what place you are in...) then you loose the capacity to focus on the process.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Michael, I know nothing about photoshopping or whatever so pardon my ignorance here. From my estimation the last picture of the 5x7 is the only 40" buck in that set. The 3x3 is about 37" as shown. What do you know about the last photo that makes you convinced it has been altered? I have seen bucks that big in the wild and just thought someone else saw one to and had a camera with them. Like I said I don't look that closely at them because I really don't care. Just interested in what you know about it so I can be more educated in the furutre.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

Take the pic that you have on your computer and zoom in on it. Particularly on it's right ear. You can see that there is a double image where they stretched it. They did a better job on this deer shopping it than they did on the other one, but it's still fake. Also, when you zoom in on the image, you can see some vertical lines that show where the image was altered.

Last edited by Jumpalot; 01-16-2010 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Platinum Member