Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Deer Hunting

300+ inch mule deer!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Silver Member

Re: 300+ inch mule deer!!!!

Well, I figure he's right at 40". I've got a 32" buck hanging on the wall and I figured he had him beat by 10". I'm guessing he'll score 210"-212", but I'm not that great when it comes to judging a score. All I know is he's definately a shooter!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Silver Member

Slymule,
Did you take that picture? Was it posted on another forum? I know I've seen it before but can't remember where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymule View Post
Well, I figure he's right at 40". I've got a 32" buck hanging on the wall and I figured he had him beat by 10". I'm guessing he'll score 210"-212", but I'm not that great when it comes to judging a score. All I know is he's definately a shooter!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member

Location: The rifle range, or archery range or behind the computer in Alaska

Who took that picture? If you dont mind me asking and when?

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.

Last edited by Michael Eichele; 09-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Silver Member

A hunting buddy of mine took that picture with his cell phone on August 24th of this year. The bucks were standing about 35yds away from him and he was about 400 yards from one of our favorite spots we like to sit and glass from. I know I haven't posted the picture anywhere because I had to have ss7mm post this one for me. Whether or not my hunting partner posted it somewhere, I couldn't tell you. I do know that we've both sent it out in emails to alot of our friends. We've both been hunting this area for the last 4 years and we'll both be trying to figure out where he's hiding by the time our seasons roll around. The only thing I know for sure is neither one of us have told anybody where this buck is located - nada, nope, not happenin', not even a hint.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymule View Post
A hunting buddy of mine took that picture with his cell phone on August 24th of this year. The bucks were standing about 35yds away from him and he was about 400 yards from one of our favorite spots we like to sit and glass from. I know I haven't posted the picture anywhere because I had to have ss7mm post this one for me. Whether or not my hunting partner posted it somewhere, I couldn't tell you. I do know that we've both sent it out in emails to alot of our friends. We've both been hunting this area for the last 4 years and we'll both be trying to figure out where he's hiding by the time our seasons roll around. The only thing I know for sure is neither one of us have told anybody where this buck is located - nada, nope, not happenin', not even a hint.
I hate to break it to you and be the bearer of bad news but I have had that picture in my email account for two years. Also I was under the impression that the photo was taken in Arizona.

Also when you open my version in Adobe photo shop you can see where the antlers were manipulated to make them appear bigger.

I am sure he was still a nice buck, just not quite as big as the photo would have you believe.

My answer to this is. The only reason is to make the 7 RM look good. There is no other reason.

Jeff.

Last edited by Michael Eichele; 09-25-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 AM
Silver Member

Well I'll be damned!!! Looks like I've been snookered. Boy he sure played that one up big time, called me all excited and blubbering about this huge buck he saw, had to hurry and get off the phone so he could send the picture to my cell phone so I could see for myself.

I was kind of wondering why he's been grinning everytime we get together, and I bring up the subject of that buck. He just grins and keeps rubbing it in how he'll be hunting the season before I get to. Hmmmmm......

looks like I owe the ol' prankster a good one. Well, at least he doesn't know that I know he's pulled one on me. This will give me time to think up a way to get even

Hey, I owe you one Meichele. Thanks for filling me in on his little prank.

Why that dirty little weasel........................@#&*%&*aaarh
Old 09-25-2008, 12:48 AM
Platinum Member

LOL!

Sorry!!!

Jeff.