Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand

Organised hunt of NZ chapter of LRH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Gold Member

Organised hunt of NZ chapter of LRH

Is there any interest here for a hunt/social weekend some where in the SI? I though maybe the Godley/Maccauley over Labour weekend, unless someone has a good spot for some long range goat shooting that they don't mind sharing.
Perhaps have a social competition shooting balloons etc at long range?
Be good to put a few faces to names that we see on here.

Stu.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: Organised hunt of NZ chapter of LRH

Stu

I envy you guys your fabulously beautiful hunting terrain. I wish I could be there to share it.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Gold Member

Come on down Len, if these dates don't suit I am sure we can organise some other times. I am a school teacher so I can only get time off during our school holidays, but I am sure that between all the Kiwis on here we could show you a good time!
The best time is probably late March - April for deer and going through to late June for tahr and chamois.

Stu.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Silver Member

Yep I would be keen for South Island hunt.

I work shift work so some weeks are better than others but generally if I can plan far enough ahead ie 2 months I can work a trip in.

My boy has just started school so the holidays can be a problem, weekends are okay though

Steve
Old 07-01-2009, 04:31 AM
Bronze Member

what exactly are ya hunting for??

I rang the neighbour friday night about shooting goats on his place on saturday cause he has mobs of 70 on there, and he tells me the deerstalkers are going in their this weekend! ah i wanted to shoot them! would have been good practice for my 280ai... oh well! No...we have no goats on our property..any that are silly enough to cross the river dont last long
Old 07-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Gold Member

I'm not worried about what we hunt for, just long range. I'm more interested in meeting other people, seeing how they do things etc.

I just figured some place central to most people, that we could drive to, with a good chance of some long range shooting, without some one giving up there secret spot.

NZP where abouts are you?

Steve if there aren't too many more show an interest then the Kaikoura's or possibly Marlborough would be good for a shoot. I go up the Clarence, one valley is better chamois the other better for goats, but both involve walking and climbing, might not be the best for your edge.

Stu.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:56 PM

Id be keen but wrong island. next time