Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand

If you care about the future of NZ hunting, please read.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 01:39 AM

If you care about the future of NZ hunting, please read.

DOC (the New Zealand Department of Conservation) is going to make guided helicopter hunting (shooting animals out of a chopper) a legal activity on public lands come September. The writing is on the wall, 3 operators have already been granted an interim*decision to carry out this activity until heli-hunting permits become available in September.

The petition below may achieve nothing, but at least in 5 years time when our public land tahr and chamois herds have no trophy animals left*and our pristine and peaceful back country is*jammed full of helicopters*you will be able to say I tried to stop this!

Please take 1 minute of your time click on the link below and sign this petition, it is simple and easy.

Stop guided helicopter-hunting in New Zealand Petition

You can add further comments to the petition if you wish
Please email this link to everyone on your mailing list.

Thank for you time,

Chris
Old 05-01-2009, 06:49 AM
Silver Member

Re: If you care about the future of NZ hunting, please read.

Mate done.

That is an outrage, it was bad enough when i was there last to think it could get worse just makes me angry. I know alot of guys in the spearfishing fraternity that are hunters also and will get them to sign up also.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Gold Member

What kind of azz backwards decision is that! May as well let them start tossing grenades out of the choppers too.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
Silver Member

mate that pisses me of soooooooooooooooo much. just the other week i was having a look for some tahr and a bloody chopper flew out the valley i was heading uo with a bull under it. lazy peices of s%^&.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:15 PM

This is disgusting, something needs to be done about DoC!

Its providing easier ways for wealthy hunters to take the best game we have to offer and taking away any work they "might" have had to do to earn the trophy themselves, possibly even on foot!

And it's just so they can cull out more "pest" animals. That's all DoC is concerned about. It's exactly the same with the 1080 poisoning, they just just find the easiest solution to a problem and run with it, even if it's at the personal cost of New Zealanders and its visiting tourists!

I've signed the petition

The New Zealand Department of Conservation seem to give a "solution" to only one problem then act on it and ultimately just create more problems with even less answers. I'm glad to see an individual doing his bit for hunting!

New Zealand Represent!

Sweet home Wairarapa