Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand

A blown barrel, what would you do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 AM
Bronze Member

Re: A blown barrel, what would you do?

Thats what I thought JE. But the fact remians that I brought the barrel straight off them and didn't get the recall letter they were supposed to send out. If they had done the right thing it never would of happened. I can tell you it was a scary thing to happen and I never fired another shot for 2yrs. They had barrels doing the same that wern't fluted aswell. It was a number 4. When I contacted them they showed no remorse and went on the defence straight away.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: A blown barrel, what would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedsar View Post
Thats what I thought JE. But the fact remians that I brought the barrel straight off them and didn't get the recall letter they were supposed to send out. If they had done the right thing it never would of happened. I can tell you it was a scary thing to happen and I never fired another shot for 2yrs. They had barrels doing the same that wern't fluted aswell. It was a number 4. When I contacted them they showed no remorse and went on the defence straight away.
There is one other thing that may put you at ease.

Look closely at the rifling and see if you can see any deformation of the rifling
in one location .I have seen blown up barrels that had obstructions(Bullets or
foreign objects) in the barrel and they left a mark at the exact location of the
obstruction that is visible. and if you cant find any marks in the rifling then It
was not your fault.

J E CUSTOM