Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > The Rest Of The World

The Rest Of The World Canada, Europe, South America, Etc.

canadian content

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 07:44 AM
Silver Member

canadian content

Are there any other Canadians out there?Where are you and what type of hunting and shooting do you do? I am in south eastern BC, keep my shooting to medium ranges and hunt from horseback primarily.I like all the activity on this site but much does not apply here,for me.We generally get close to game before any shot is taken.Am I just a Geezer or what?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 AM

Re: canadian content

Yep. Im in north western bc, but hunt north. Lots of long range hunting. Going to try for elk this year, north of mackenzie in October. I know southeast well (was just in creston) and had to dodge many deer and big rams while driving. You are lucky to live in beautiful part of the province.

Marko
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 PM

Im from eastern ont hour south of attawa some long range shooting 300 to 500 but most is 50 to 200 yds . Do a lot of coyotie hunting . Not a lot of deer left around hear because of the little devils.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:01 PM

im in southern Yukon and also a geezer. don't hunt moose anymore, too much work but I did kill a bear this spring. not too big but got a lot of peperoni. seems to get tougher every year now. cheers
Old 09-23-2014, 07:36 AM
Silver Member

Forgot about this post..thanks for the reply.I have been sheep hunting when I can.Lucky there are right here.Getting an elk or a moose out is a big job...those northern moose are more than a one man job.I gave hunted north a little too and will again.Long range shooting is unfamiliar to me..I read about it..do a lot of shooting myself, can't imagine having the confidence here, it is very steep, you are always winded and in the mountains the winds can really fool a guy.I have chatted with some that are quite confident though.I choose a medium caliber and the rifle as light as is practical with a barrel 22" long..good in the rocks y'know.Me thinks these hills get steeper with time.Good hunting everybody