Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > South

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Mississippi Shooters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Silver Member

Re: Mississippi Shooters

I plan to be at the Bogue Chitto F-class match. I thought it was on Feb 20th? Isn't it the second to last saturday in the month?

Josh - I got a savage 6.5x47 that I shot F-class with once last year and got 3rd. I am thinking about selling it. It would be a great competition gun. I have since upgraded and need some fund for another build. If you are interest shoot me an email at doublegobble00@hotmail.com

Hope to see some of yall at Bogue Chitto. It should be alot of fun. Btw, Josh... they have a hunt class so you can shoot your hunting gun. I think it is two relays of 10 shots. Eddybo might know more about it. That would at least let you shoot to 600 yards.

DoubleG

Unread 02-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Silver Member

double I'll keep you in mine man. I think I'm gunna go with a larger caliber though. I want a dual purpose, range rifle that I can take out and shoot some deer and elk with also. Of coarse it won't be the average hunting rifle. More of a take it out a couple times a year and hunt a pipeline or big cut over(which are my favorite places to hunt, 100 acre+ anyway)

I havent had time to work enough rounds through the 06 for 600 yarders yet... heck I probably havent pushed 10 rounds through it... the first 4 were just making sure the rifle shot good when my dad first bought it for me. lol

I do need to work up some loads for the rifle... I would get on that this week but its MUD NATIONAL PREP WEEK!!!!! getting ready for mud nationals comming up in march, gotta get my 2 race bikes ready and then get the camper ready and then the rzr... gunna be a lot of stuff to get done in a short amount of time!
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:20 AM
Silver Member

Hey DoubleG,

The next shoot might very well be on the 20th??? I didn't make it to the practice shoot back in Jan., so I don't know for sure when it is. For some reason I thought it would be on the 4th Saturday. I'm sure Bill will be sending out an email soon to let us know.

Jim
Unread 02-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Silver Member

Well I just checked my email and Bill had sent a flier for the next shoot. It is on Feb 27th sign-up starts @ 8:30. If anyone wants to attend send me a PM with your email address and I will try to forward the info to you.

Last edited by jimbo300; 02-14-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Unread 03-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Silver Member

for some reason I was thinking it was on the 20th... and the weather was bad... I hate I missed it... even as a spectator it would have been fun!

maybe I can catch one in the future!

probably gunna be quiet a while before I have a rifle to shoot but its in the works!
Unread 06-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Bronze Member

Hey does anyone know of any upcoming competitions in June or July around Mississippi. Also does anyone know of any good places to go to be able to shoot Long Range around Central Mississippi.
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Silver Member

There will be a 600 yard F-class comp. in Bogue Chitto, MS on the 26th. PM me if you need more info.