Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > South

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Louisiana military hunting license prices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Gold Member

Louisiana military hunting license prices

I know this site is mainly focused on western states, but I found something that I thought might help somebody here. Louisiana offers all military personnel, whether resident or non-resident, their resident prices for hunting and fishing. It's about a 90% discount! I wonder if that includes trappin crawfish?

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
Old 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Re: Louisiana military hunting license prices

That's a good deal, it's about time a State gave those in service to our Country a break.
In my state, NC, they offer active military a break if they are on leave, I don't know if they get a break if stationed here. I didn't find a reference to it.
They were giving "illegals" free passes to fish, I don't know if they have continued that, if the sportsmen find out about it, it will stop.

"A resident of this state who is a member of the Armed Forces of the United States serving outside the state, or who is on full-time military duty outside the state in a reserve component of the Armed Forces of the United States is exempt from hunting, inland and coastal fishing license requirements while on leave in this state for 30 days or less. Those who qualify for this exemption shall carry on his or her person at all times, during the hunting or fishing activity, their military identification card and a copy of the official document confirming they are on authorized leave from a duty station outside of North Carolina.

An individual exempt from the requirements of a hunting license must obtain a “Big Game Harvest Report Card” from theWildlife Resources Commission or a wildlife service agent, at no charge, when exercising the privileges of big game hunting. "
Old 03-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenJohn View Post
That's a good deal, it's about time a State gave those in service to our Country a break.
In my state, NC, they offer active military a break if they are on leave, I don't know if they get a break if stationed here."
Everywhere I've been stationed gives military assigned to that state at least resident prices. Some do better still. Texas gives free super combo licenses to military stationed in TX.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member

About the only thing NC (town of Havelock civilian population 5,000 and marine population 20,000-2nd MAW Cherry Point) gave me was a ticket for not having a fishing license back in 1970. Little did I know (my fault) I was fishing with a cane pole (all I could afford on military PFC pay) and a live crickett on a creek sitting on the bank...no boat maybe all of 10-15 feet wide off the beaten path when I heard a small john boat motor and when it rounded the corner of the creek sure enough the game warden. He said fishing w/live bait (crickett) required a licanse and with artificial bait doesn't...so he promtly gave me a ticket and I had to go to the Justice of the Peace's house to pay the fine. Seemed kinda petty but, then again that was the NAM era and not many liked the military and least of all the citizens of Havelock whom didn't understand the concept of don't bite the hand that feeds ya.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 AM

You just have to love Texan's and their attitude. ! I am sorry for any serviceman who isn't treated with the respect that is due. The military is where a lot of us got our best education, ie. The Universities of Fort Jackson, Fort Benning, Fort Bragg, etc. It wouldn't do for me to be a game warden, I would be selectively giving breaks where the law isn't clear or fair. I'm not downing "Rabbit Sheriff's", they have one of the most dangerous jobs in law enforcement, I just don't have the temperment to be one. I would be a selective SOB and the bureaucracy wouldn't like that.
My State, NC, is by and large conservative but we have Chapel Hill and Duke and a few very liberal big cities that dominate the State House. We keep sending liberals back to office and they do what liberals do best, tax and spend, try to take our guns, and stick liberal agenda's into regulations.
I reached the age finally where I could afford a Life Time License and come to find out illegals were given the privedge free with no understanding of bag limits, or seasons whatever. We also have "motor voter".
I have nothing against legals, my daughter in law has a green card. She follows the rules, which are difficult and time consuming. It irks me that those who swim the river, jump the fence, and so forth are given preference. My daughter in law has a pHd and will contribute greatly to this Country.
Now, the liberals want to give free college education to illegals in NC, it hasn't passed so far. My wife and I worked hard to send our two sons to college.
I'm way off topic, sorry, blame it on my age.
All Military Folks including retirees should get a free pass in every State on licenses, taxes, everything the State levies, across the board. No I didn't make a career of the Military but I know of the sacrifice that they have to make during a career to keep the rest of us safe.
"May GOD Bless them all, each and every one"!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Since I've read it twice here that Illegals get a free license I got to ask how's that possible, can someone explain? It would seem to me that if I walked in and said I'm in the U.S. illegally that they'd call the authorities rather than issue me a license.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:14 PM

They have access to Social Services which is where they get freebies. The one that I became familiar with was a free fishing license. I sometimes fish at a power company lake and the Ranger there told me about it. The power company allows the city to manage the lake as a park, charging fees, supplying personnel to manage the facility, etc. The City stocks the lake with catfish supplied by the State and the Ranger has a couple of feeders set up to get the fish going. The Ranger had to stop feeding the fish because the illegals would "camp out" on the feeders and catch all of the fish. I don't know if they are allowed a hunting permit under the same program. This was a couple of years ago. I'll call SS tomorrow and let you know what is current.