Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 AM

Re: Where in WA?

Hi All..... Mead here (North Spokane)
Old 02-17-2013, 03:07 AM

Granite falls WA
Old 02-17-2013, 12:49 PM

well lets see, what are ya hunting and how are ya hunting it? if your rifle hunting elk lewis county is a good bet. winston creek will give you a chance to see a lot of elk but its to busy for me. try drawing a tag in the margaret unit, big bulls and less pressure but you,ll have to work for them. randle /packwood is an elk mecca but unless your fortunate enough to hunt private land its very crowded also. living in morton i hunt elk on private grounds. if you want a new addiction hunt the wiley blacktail. quite possibly the hardest of the deer species to harvest. hope this helped, best of luck
Old 02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave elliott View Post
well lets see, what are ya hunting and how are ya hunting it? if your rifle hunting elk lewis county is a good bet. winston creek will give you a chance to see a lot of elk but its to busy for me. try drawing a tag in the margaret unit, big bulls and less pressure but you,ll have to work for them. randle /packwood is an elk mecca but unless your fortunate enough to hunt private land its very crowded also. living in morton i hunt elk on private grounds. if you want a new addiction hunt the wiley blacktail. quite possibly the hardest of the deer species to harvest. hope this helped, best of luck
You meen smallest dear in the state.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM

you betcha, the gray ghosts of the rain forests. ask any hunter who hunts em and they will tell ya what a challenge they can be. ive seen blacktail bucks with racks and bodies so big you wouldnt believe it. best time to see these brutes is while they are still in velvet. once they get hardhorned the big boys seemingly disapear.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave elliott View Post
you betcha, the gray ghosts of the rain forests. ask any hunter who hunts em and they will tell ya what a challenge they can be. ive seen blacktail bucks with racks and bodies so big you wouldnt believe it. best time to see these brutes is while they are still in velvet. once they get hardhorned the big boys seemingly disapear.
I worked with the person that had taken the largest Black Tail in the state. Body wise no comparison to the mule deer. I lived and worked on the coast and trained at Jim Creek Naval station for 10 years. and never saw a deer I wanted to hunt. In the rut they are just as easy to hunt than any deer.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:28 PM

well 264 if you knew MR MILLER then you would know that the world record BLACKTAIL buck was shot here in lewis county wa.it was killed in the lincoln creek area and its history is well known by us locals. i live in lewis co just a rifle shot away from where that buck was taken. you sir have obviously never had the time or the wherewithal to get into the back country that holds these magnificent animals. re-read my posts and youll see that nowhere have i claimed they get as big as mature mule deer. 175-200 lb bucks are taken here every year. anybody that scoffs at blacktails knows nothing about them. good day to you sir!!!