Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Visiting Utah, like to do some shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Visiting Utah, like to do some shooting

Hey guys,

Here's the scoop. I live in South Dakota and a couple of us are heading out to see some friends in Salt Lake City. Unfortunately they are not the best hunting guides as they are kinda new out there.

My friend and I are planning to head out to hang out with them the weekend of July 24th and then working our way back home, probably through Cheyenne, so we can hit up Frontier Days. We will have almost a full week to get home and we are hoping to do a little shooting.

I was wondering if you guys had any ideas what/where we should look at for some good shooting(I here there may be a few p-dogs in the area).

Any help is appreciated.

FastOle
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM

Re: Visiting Utah, like to do some shooting

I'm a tad late on the reply, but you can find all the solitude and distance you want for long-range shooting in the west desert. From Salt Lake, just go west until you find something you like. And don't count on finding any prairie dog dogs--this is desert, not prairie.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 PM

Re: Visiting Utah, like to do some shooting

I live in Northeastern Utah, and we have prarie dogs out here. Anywhere down off the mountains in this area usually has some varmints and coyotes running around. We also have a shooting range nearby that extends out to 1200 yards. If you need any information give me a call at 435-790-7758. If I don't answer leave a msg. Good luck with shooting.