Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Squeek shooting in K-Falls?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Bronze Member

Squeek shooting in K-Falls?

I am wanting to set up a hunting weekend with a couple of buddies here in the valley and done some reading about prairie dogs around the Klamath Falls area. Does anyone have a good idea where we could hunt? I assume most of it is private land and so we'd need to get permission.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM

Re: Squeek shooting in K-Falls?

It's getting harder to get access some people are charging per gun but you can find a spot here and there. We used to have sole access to some propertys and it was cool but now its a zoo.. when you find one don't let it go..
I usually takes knocking on doors and some luck..
Old 01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvs2hnt View Post
It's getting harder to get access some people are charging per gun but you can find a spot here and there. We used to have sole access to some propertys and it was cool but now its a zoo.. when you find one don't let it go..
I usually takes knocking on doors and some luck..

I kind of figured that'd be the situation. I am going to take a drive down there next month just to go door knockin' and see if I can land a spot. Man, I remember as a kid growing up in Northern Cal just hanging out at the local hardware store and having farmers come up to me and offer me a nickel per starling, a quarter per crow and a buck per prairie dog I'd shoot on their land. Now I have to beg and plead lol...
Old 01-27-2011, 06:22 PM

15 years ago some of the farmers would offer up a brick of 22lr ammo.

Bonanza is a good place to look. Fort Rock area has open feilds but will limit you to rimfire only. we have one place in bonanza that also has rock chucks....keeping that one a secrete though

DD