Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Shooters in Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Silver Member

Shooters in Oregon

Me and my best friend will be heading over to ione for a thousand yard shoot at the end of April we will be taking a couple days before hand to do some varmint killin. If there is anyone along inbetween ptown and ione that wants to show us some new area we would like to meet some new people to shoot with. We both love shooting of any kind. Hit me up I'm always looking for new people to shoot with. gun
Old 04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Shooters in Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerdog5 View Post
Me and my best friend will be heading over to ione for a thousand yard shoot at the end of April we will be taking a couple days before hand to do some varmint killin. If there is anyone along inbetween ptown and ione that wants to show us some new area we would like to meet some new people to shoot with. We both love shooting of any kind. Hit me up I'm always looking for new people to shoot with. gun

Whats the date on that shoot? I live in Pendleton, and have heard of this shoot but I'm usually not around do to my work. I will be home in a week or less so I would be interested in checking this out. Maybe we can hook up and give our local coyotes some hell. I live 15 miles outta town between Hermiston and Pendleton and there are plenty of dogs that need ventilated. I've got permission to hunt on approx 15,000 acres so plenty of room. Let me know what you think...

Terry
Old 04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

Ya I would love to check it out too. Whats the dates and contact info ? I live in Pilot Rock.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Silver Member

We would definatly be ok with wackin some dogs. Is there turkey out there too that's part of or trip just curious. The contact info is Betty grey the number is 541 422 7335. The shoot is a blast last year the wind made it imposible to hit the plate so I'm hoping there is less this year. You get unlimited time before hand to get a zero then when the match starts they call your number and you go to the bench and taken shot. It's 20 bucks a shot you can buy as many shots as you like. I forget what the prizes are but they have a couple raffles and a good BBQ for lunch. The money goes to fund iones forth of July event. Shoot me an email with contact info if you want to meet up and do some furry critter killin. rugerdog28@yahoo.com
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Silver Member

Oh the date is may 1
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Bronze Member

I do know there are Turkeys around up in the Blue Mtns. and maybe dustybrown can chime in here. Indian lake area, comes to mind. Problem is private property, not sure. I moved over here from the coast (Newport) 5 years ago, But I know 1 spot for sure about an hour out of Pendleton. Coyotes are outside my door literally so ya, I'll email ya and we can go from there..

Terry
Old 04-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Silver Member

Nice I live in gearhart. I would much rather live over there though. I've done alotof hunting outside of longcreek. My buddy that's gonna be coming over with me lives in willimina