Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Recent Denver area trip!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Silver Member

Re: Recent Denver area trip!

sounds good justgoharder! i might try to contact you to go shooting when im out there next year!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:54 PM

Hey SavageBien,

I am a Denver area resident, and I graduated from the School of Trades a few years back. You can shoot in most NF here in Colorado some are closed to shooting but not most. Again check area regulations. At the school there is the gun club, that goes and shoots once a month, you will have the option of joining. You will have ample opportunites to shoot and even hunt if you keep your nose to the grind with your studies. It is great you will love it. Where are you planning on staying, hopefully not the Willows. I would defiently check out the place you plan on staying. If it is one that is reccomened by the school i would avoid it. Not that they are bad place, just most are not really welcome at the places the school reccomends by far the biggest reason is accidental discharges. I guarantee that at least 1 time while you are at the school Gary Schlomer will have a meeting to tell you about an idiot student having an accidental discharge at his apartment. If you need some reasearch done on the place you are staying let me know and I will give you the real facts on it.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Silver Member

hey mixerdriverm, thanks for all the info. im not staying at the willows, looked, it was kinda pricey. then sonny recommended a place a few blocks from school called westland tower apartments, gonna b living there, good price, close to school, i liked it well enough. im very excited about school and living in CO. gonna have to get a part time job too. im so excited about everything in colorado rly, hunting, shooting, hiking, etc!!! cant wait!!! only a little over a month till i move!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:34 PM

What kind of work you do? I own my own company, I need laborers from time to time. I may be able to use you sometimes, I pay pretty good. However it is not gun related. Kinda hard to find gun work as a newbie, once you get to D&F if you get lucky you can find some places to give you a job cleaning guns and stuff. I did quiet a bit of work for a guy named Ash Johnson, hw works gunshows and stuff and need help quiet a bit of the time. He used to pay me 100.00 for a day working the gun show for him, selling bullets and stuff. He like rifles as well I have built hima few rifles and he pays for that as well of course you have to get to D&F for that, but if you hook up with him early on it could turn into a pretty nice chunk of change for ya. Talk to John Stewart about Ash Johnson. Beware John Stewart hates newbies, you will think he is an ass but he is really cool once you get to know him. Well, I guess he really dont hate them but so many of them "think" they know what they are doing and most dont. Where your staying is a pretty rough part of town, I would reccomend some type of safesw for your guns if you are bringing any.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the advice and info. I may try to work for you some when i'm there, not afraid of physical labor. I didn't think that i would rly be able to find a job working with guns too easily, but thats ok.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:38 PM

I was thinking about attending this school but I had a few questions if you don't mind answering.

How was the experience?
What are the schedules?
And just tell me a little bit about it and how you are using it today.