Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Oregon shooting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Silver Member

Oregon shooting

Wondering if any groups get together and do any Long range shooting. Have a few great spots here but not too many shooters around.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Oregon shooting

If you don't mind a greenhorn, I would like to learn from other more experienced that myself.

I live near Redmond.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

I'm pretty new myself, But would love to get together sometime this spring and Meet somewhere for a Sat OR Camp for weekend and do some LR shooting, (steel Targets what not) Be fun and a great chane to share knowledge.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member

Yotebuster, I go to Abert Rim a couple times from memorial weekend through July 4th, to shoot rock chucks at long range. Also go around the Sycan river, between Beatty and Bly on camp6 rd. toward silver lake to bust 'em and shoot squeeks and yotes. PM me and I;ll give you my contact info.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Member

Hey yotebuster,
are you gonna be at ''killfest'' in a couple weeks?
Seems to me that'd be a place to do some shootin'. Im not from lakeview, but my cousin married 1 of the Glade girls, he'll be there. Maybe you know him.(He's NOT the one with a badge, that guy married the other Glade girl).
I know ''killfest'' kinda a local thing, and im not just looking for an invite here. Just figured you might know Jake.
I may get down that way with him this summer sometime, and look you up. Do some shootin if your not busy.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonman1 View Post
Yotebuster, I go to Abert Rim a couple times from memorial weekend through July 4th, to shoot rock chucks at long range. Also go around the Sycan river, between Beatty and Bly on camp6 rd. toward silver lake to bust 'em and shoot squeeks and yotes. PM me and I;ll give you my contact info.

have you hunted down around pueblos?also up above drewsey is excellent for cats dogs and pdogs.the cats are thick around there
Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Silver Member

maybe we should try a weekend camp and shoot this spring.be fun swap ideas and meet new folks.