Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK


Reply

Oregon

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #169  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Christmas Valley, Oregon
Posts: 380
Re: Oregon

Yes that would suck! I love it here with all the.BLM and NF to hunt, drawing a tag is the hard part.
it took 3 years to get an Elk tag and then it was my 5th choice. Now that sucked. I still haven't.drawn a Deer tag in four years. So I started traditional bow.hunting last season. I forgot how much fun that was. Didn't get.anything but still had a great time.
Rupe
__________________
Handgun Hunter
Savage Striker .308win. ss w/muzzle Break, syn. stock, 2-7 scope
SBH Hunter .44mag w/ Red dot scope
If you don't like logging, then try plastic toilet paper!
Coodinator Ore. Chpt. 4x4him.org
<><
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 05-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 52
Re: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupe View Post
Yes that would suck! I love it here with all the.BLM and NF to hunt, drawing a tag is the hard part.
it took 3 years to get an Elk tag and then it was my 5th choice. Now that sucked. I still haven't.drawn a Deer tag in four years. So I started traditional bow.hunting last season. I forgot how much fun that was. Didn't get.anything but still had a great time.
Rupe
I do like to bow hunt but I got into the long range thing now I'm hooked.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 05-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Christmas Valley, Oregon
Posts: 380
Re: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan21 View Post
I do like to bow hunt but I got into the long range thing now I'm hooked.
Hunting for Elk coyotes bear and cougar and the mighty sagerats, I will do long.range, but deer I'm going to bow hunt for now.
I just started long ranve.shooting. Before I got the Striker my long range was 100 yards with my .44 mag Super Blackhawk hunter. But now that I have.rhe striker I can shoot out to 300 yards and hope to get out to 1000 yards by the end of summer. I don't think I would shoot at critter out that far except coyotes. I have 2 barrels for the striker one in .308win and one in .243 win. I'll use the .308 for elk and the .243 for coyotes.
I started handgun hunting about 15 years ago and got hooked on it. It's a blast to hunt with a handgun. I still use the .44mag if I'm hunting in close quarters like calling in bears. What a thrill that is!
Rupe
__________________
Handgun Hunter
Savage Striker .308win. ss w/muzzle Break, syn. stock, 2-7 scope
SBH Hunter .44mag w/ Red dot scope
If you don't like logging, then try plastic toilet paper!
Coodinator Ore. Chpt. 4x4him.org
<><
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 52
Re: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupe View Post
Hunting for Elk coyotes bear and cougar and the mighty sagerats, I will do long.range, but deer I'm going to bow hunt for now.
I just started long ranve.shooting. Before I got the Striker my long range was 100 yards with my .44 mag Super Blackhawk hunter. But now that I have.rhe striker I can shoot out to 300 yards and hope to get out to 1000 yards by the end of summer. I don't think I would shoot at critter out that far except coyotes. I have 2 barrels for the striker one in .308win and one in .243 win. I'll use the .308 for elk and the .243 for coyotes.
I started handgun hunting about 15 years ago and got hooked on it. It's a blast to hunt with a handgun. I still use the .44mag if I'm hunting in close quarters like calling in bears. What a thrill that is!
Rupe
Nice I might have to try hadgun hunting one day.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Christmas Valley, Oregon
Posts: 380
Re: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan21 View Post
Nice I might have to try hadgun hunting one day.
It is a real kick in the pants kind of fun. I called in a Blk Bear that squared 6 feet. Very Beary exciting. I had him stuffed standing on his hind legs like he's looking around. He is my pride and joy and something to brag about. LOL
Rupe
__________________
Handgun Hunter
Savage Striker .308win. ss w/muzzle Break, syn. stock, 2-7 scope
SBH Hunter .44mag w/ Red dot scope
If you don't like logging, then try plastic toilet paper!
Coodinator Ore. Chpt. 4x4him.org
<><
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet Home OR
Posts: 188
Re: Oregon

Rupe do you know of any places in x-mas valley that i could take the wife and kids to shoot sage rats. Me and a buddy are headed over saturday to start asking in person but thos may speed things up for us. I would appreciate any words of wisdom as to where to start looking.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 52
Re: Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupe View Post
It is a real kick in the pants kind of fun. I called in a Blk Bear that squared 6 feet. Very Beary exciting. I had him stuffed standing on his hind legs like he's looking around. He is my pride and joy and something to brag about. LOL
Rupe
Nice, I cant wait to do some bear and cougar hunting I will definately get one or both stuffed.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: Oregon
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from Oregon dmr400 Member Introductions 1 05-05-2011 03:26 PM
Hello - from NW Oregon 300WinMagNewb Member Introductions 1 12-28-2010 12:34 AM
new guy from oregon japple Member Introductions 10 11-22-2009 08:57 PM
Hello from So. Oregon ACLakey Member Introductions 1 02-12-2009 02:02 PM
A new Oregon guy buckfever Member Introductions 3 09-20-2008 06:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC