West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Idahoans sound off.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Silver Member

Re: Idahoans sound off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Ballistic View Post
Thanks for the update. What, you don't like doping the wind? How are you ever going to hit anything in good old Southern Idaho. If you want to see some real wind, drive on over to Twin Falls. Whatever you drive will get almost twice as good of mileage coming over as going back to Southwestern Idaho.
That's not the wind blowin, that's Utah suckin!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Silver Member

My surgery was on January 5th and the first two nights afterwards I was in so much pain I told myself never again, they are gonna have to put me in a coma before I will ever have another back surgery. I did good the first month out of the hospital and then my back has went back down hill. Before the surgery I was taking 180mg of morphine a day and 110mg of oxycodone a day and 15mg of valium a day. 2 weeks after my surgery I had my pain doctor cut me down to 90mg morphine a day and didn't touch the other stuff, then a month later I totally quit the morphine, but still taking the other stuff. Well last week when I went back in last week I had him put me back on the morphine as I can't take the pain. I am also trying to get on disability because no employer in their right mind will hire a guy with chronic back problems and taking the kinda pain meds I take. Before St Al's terminated me they wouldn't let me work while taking the pain meds and at the time I was only taking norco, nothing like now. I so badly wanted to go shooting yesterday but when I woke up my back was saying otherwise. It would be fun for a bunch of us locals to hook up for a day of shooting and telling stories, they can be true or false...lets just have fun.
Chuck
Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 AM

In the Moscow Area. .338 LM
Old 04-09-2011, 11:59 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird63 View Post
My surgery was on January 5th and the first two nights afterwards I was in so much pain I told myself never again, they are gonna have to put me in a coma before I will ever have another back surgery. I did good the first month out of the hospital and then my back has went back down hill. Before the surgery I was taking 180mg of morphine a day and 110mg of oxycodone a day and 15mg of valium a day. 2 weeks after my surgery I had my pain doctor cut me down to 90mg morphine a day and didn't touch the other stuff, then a month later I totally quit the morphine, but still taking the other stuff. Well last week when I went back in last week I had him put me back on the morphine as I can't take the pain. I am also trying to get on disability because no employer in their right mind will hire a guy with chronic back problems and taking the kinda pain meds I take. Before St Al's terminated me they wouldn't let me work while taking the pain meds and at the time I was only taking norco, nothing like now. I so badly wanted to go shooting yesterday but when I woke up my back was saying otherwise. It would be fun for a bunch of us locals to hook up for a day of shooting and telling stories, they can be true or false...lets just have fun.
Chuck
Boy, I know what you're talking about there. I played guinea pig for an anterior fusion of my L-5 and sacrum. They pulled out over 20 ft. of my intestines and went through the anterior wall, put in a cage and bone cells, put my guts back in and sewed everything back up from below my sternum to my privates. My bladder had been messed up every since. Now they do the same operation with a laprascope and make 4 small holes. That was my 6th lower back surgery plus I had an anterior distectomy with fusion on my C-6 and C-7 in my neck.
I should think you would qualify for SSI disability very easily. I did on my one and only interview. You need to have your Dr. write up a very thorough prognosis you can take to your interview with the person at SSI as well as a letter from your employer telling why they won't let you come back to work. Don't waste your money on legal council unless you get denied benefits. If you have all of your ducks in a row when you go in you should sail right through. You can apply and receive benefits 6 months after the disability has been documented by your attending physician.
Good luck. If you need to get some good ideas before you go in or need some help, send me a private message and I'll give you my Ph#.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:09 PM

Paul is in the running
Old 04-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Silver Member

Gone Balistic, my doctors will not cooperate in any way, its been a long long road, the first surgeon screwed up badly, I ended up taking out the staples in my front incision myself and had to sweet talk my wife into removing the staples from the back incision . I told me wife the other day if my back continues to hurt the way it does I don't think I will be hunting any more. I have been setting too long today and need to go lay down now.....but its very frustrating for me to say the least.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird63 View Post
Gone Balistic, my doctors will not cooperate in any way, its been a long long road, the first surgeon screwed up badly, I ended up taking out the staples in my front incision myself and had to sweet talk my wife into removing the staples from the back incision . I told me wife the other day if my back continues to hurt the way it does I don't think I will be hunting any more. I have been setting too long today and need to go lay down now.....but its very frustrating for me to say the least.
I found the best thing I could do is to force myself to get up and walk as much as I possibly could. I know from past experience that laying down and sitting in a recliner made me really stove up. I just had to grit it out and keep moving or it got so painfull I could hardly stand it. I also found that alternating cold packs and hot packs every 15-20 minutes really helped. The more blood you can stimulate into the muscles and nerves the better off your healing is. Why did you take out your staples? Sure you don't have an infection? The first Dr. that operated on me screwed me up for life. Who is your Dr.? David Verst from Hailey, Id. saved my life. He's fantastic! Dr. Tim Floyd in Boise wasn't too bad but nothing like Verst. I can really empathize with you. I don't think there's anything more aggravating than back pain. I now have neuropathy in both of my legs from below my knees down to the bottom of my feet. My skin feels like it's made out of cardboard and my feet feel like I'm standing on chards of glass all the time.
Try the hot and cold packs and some ibupropen. I think it might give you some well deserved relief.