Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Idaho Steps Up on Wolf Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

Idaho Steps Up on Wolf Issue

Idaho may have the right idea on how to deal with wolves, don't do a dang thing!! I like it, simple, sweet solution. Let the locals take care of it!

Idaho won't manage wolves under Endangered Species Act

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

Re: Idaho Steps Up on Wolf Issue

Didn't see any tracks in Salmon this year....hmmmm, looks like it is working. Every once in a while Idaho makes me proud.
I got pretty worried once they started making money off tags last year that it would never go away.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks for posting, I hope Wyoming and Montana follow suit with this approach. Basically hunters have declared war anyway. I don't know of a jury in this state who would convict anyone for killing a wolf. They would probably want to know where he got him for future refference.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Silver Member

SSS repeat often.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM

not often you get to feel good about a politican.
Ed
Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Silver Member

Funny how the only thing that he's done right is "nothing".

So here I am hunting up in the high contry and I don't see any wolf tracks this year but I run into a pile of cattle...I'm thinking wtf, why would someone expose their cattle to wolfs? I guess my answer is, the locals have taken care of it.
Now my follow up may piss off someone ...what is worse-- a wolf who eats a weak elk or a heard of cattle eating the elks food??? The days of harvesting good big game are slipping away.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airgunner7 View Post
Funny how the only thing that he's done right is "nothing".

So here I am hunting up in the high contry and I don't see any wolf tracks this year but I run into a pile of cattle...I'm thinking wtf, why would someone expose their cattle to wolfs? I guess my answer is, the locals have taken care of it.
Now my follow up may piss off someone ...what is worse-- a wolf who eats a weak elk or a heard of cattle eating the elks food??? The days of harvesting good big game are slipping away.
There aren't near the cattle in the mountains as there once was, allotments have been cut way down so the good game hunting was actually back in the day when they grazed the living daylights out of range. Out here 20yrs ago big money guys started buying ranches here and kicked out all the cows so they could have hunting preserves, they found out that game numbers decrease because the process of cattle ranching actually creates better quality habitat, specially now days with so much better management. The good days of hunting are not slipping because of cattle as there are fewer than ever and wolves don't kill just the weak. I live in the highest elk density area in MT, guess what it is the number 1 cattle producing county in MT also go figure

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"