Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Idaho Fun Shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Silver Member

Idaho Fun Shoot

Hey Fellow Spudders!
Anyone interested in a "Get-Together" for some fun shooting, story telling, rifle bragging, reloading techniques and all-around-fun shooting?
I'm sure that there's a whole bunch of us down in the Southern part of Idaho that could pool our targets and drive to a central area for a good time over a weekend sometime this summer.
How about we put some "Faces" with "Places" and get to know one another??
It seems to me that on our Idaho site we just announce we live someplace here and that pretty much ends it. I think it would be fun to meet all of you, share some Dutch Oven cooking or a Pot-Luck, camp if you want, swap large tales and great information. You "Long Timers" could help some of the "Newbies" with a little knowledge in wind doping, etc.
Shout back and send me a private email if you're interested. I'll make a roster and try putting it together with some help from whomever is interested.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Idaho Fun Shoot

Gone Ballistic,

I'm into this for sure but won't be available until 2012.

Rexburg and Poky have suitable/shootable set ups.

I don't know of any public areas that would be suitable other than on the west side of the Big Butte a bit south of Arco. The only competition there are F-16s once in awhile.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Bronze Member

Count me in. I don't know where to shoot, but, I getting packed now.

chuck m
Old 05-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Gold Member

Im in depending on what time of year
How far we looking at shooting
Parma is set up to 700 yards and not hard to get farther
They have a are sutible for camping I think it would be possible to get it.
retiredcpo
Old 05-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Silver Member

Hey Guys!

Please click on my site and send me a message with your Name, mailing address, home Ph# , and email address. That way I'll be able to format a list of everyone so I can put them in my address book and send out updates as we get this thing going. I'll also be able to contact any of you that want to give me some help with getting this thing going. We've got to pick a suitable spot to hold it that's centered somewhere close to everyone that wants to come, as well as plan on who can bring targets, format the shoot, etc. I really think we can turn this into an annual event if we get it right the first time around. Thanks to those of you that read through my initial post and have sent me their email addresses, etc.. I am amazed by how much response I've received already.
It looks like we've got a lot of interest in getting together. Should have known. We're Idahoans!

Last edited by Gone Ballistic; 05-18-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Bronze Member

I have several round 6", 8", 12" and 14" steel targets. Some have a base, some have a post, some are just cut round. I also have a steel frame, with a hanging 8" disc.

I will donate them to the cause.

chuck m
Old 05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

Hey Folks,
I'm getting good response from a bunch of you. I should think we need to send out a vote request of some kind letting you that want to shoot advise me of the longest distance you want to try. I have a couple of areas close to me that will accommodate shots out to 1500 yards. I'm sure that we can find an acceptable place and acceptable yardage as we get further along. I definitely don't want any Air force intervention bothering us, so their practice range is definitely out. There are lots of high desert places as well as mt. places we can set up. Either on BLM or US Forest ground.
Keep the emails coming to my site! I'd like to see at least a couple of dozen of us get together with this event.