Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

homer Alaska checking in!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Re: homer Alaska checking in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdcrazy View Post
wow Chino valley! i spent allot of time north of there building the cement plant. lived in prescott valley. great yote hunting there!

i need to shoot a 7mm rum. need to build a rifle in the next few years..
Used to be great for prong horn and mule deer years ago, yote wasnt anything like now because the sheep ranchers put out poisoned carcass. In the 70s they made them stop that and year by year there are more yote, more houses, less pronghorn and way less deer. I got a sister still lives in Prescott Valley and I was there just 3 weeks ago, I cant even find my way around there anymore its changed so much.

What cement plant, they build one in Big Chino or something? I haven't been north of Chino in 11 years now.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
Used to be great for prong horn and mule deer years ago, yote wasnt anything like now because the sheep ranchers put out poisoned carcass. In the 70s they made them stop that and year by year there are more yote, more houses, less pronghorn and way less deer. I got a sister still lives in Prescott Valley and I was there just 3 weeks ago, I cant even find my way around there anymore its changed so much.

What cement plant, they build one in Big Chino or something? I haven't been north of Chino in 11 years now.
ya there's a car dealership where my dad use to hunt antelope. still some big ones around but few less than there use to be. and forget about Muleys..

cement plant they build is north in drake. just north of paulden. was a mtn problem there for a bit..
Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdcrazy View Post
ya there's a car dealership where my dad use to hunt antelope. still some big ones around but few less than there use to be. and forget about Muleys..

cement plant they build is north in drake. just north of paulden. was a mtn problem there for a bit..
In Drake! Wow, used to be one family lived in Drake and maybe 30 people even knew it was there! Big Chino is the area just north of Paulden, head of the Big Chino wash there.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Bronze Member

oh i thought you were being sarcastic about Chino being big. lol. ya the family either died off or moved. the cement plant literally surrounds the little cemetery there. even have a massive bridge crossing hell canyon