Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Gunsmith in Western WA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 12:42 AM
Bronze Member

Gunsmith in Western WA

I'm looking for a gunsmith in Western WA. I need someone to take the barrel off my 223 and take a live bullet out that is stuck in the chamber.
I would also like to take the time to remind everyone to chamber your brass befor you reload it. Just incase your brother shoots some crappy HSM and throws it in with your good Winchester and Hornady brass....then you get in a hurry (mistake #1) and start loading like 300 rounds without chambering and meassuring all your brass (mistake #2).........anyways. don't skip a step. I've relaoded off and on for years. I got in a hurry and now I get to pay someone to take the barrel off and remove a live round. All because I was in a hurry.
So if you know of an honest gunsmith between Seattle and Puyallup please shoot me a PM. I don't have a barrel vise or extra digits to spare so I'll leave it to those that know what they are doing.

.................................................. .....................
I'd rather be hunting with Uncle Ted!
Backstrap fever!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Gunsmith in Western WA

I used the gunsmith at The Marksman. Seems like a nice enough guy, it ended up taking 1 1/2 hours to get it out so grand total was like $114. THANKS DAD!!!!!!

Backstrap fever!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Bronze Member

Its been so long since I wrote this I guess that I should have updated the problem since my father compounded it by trying to get it out by hammering a ramrod on the bullet and pushing it out.......didn't work, then (the gunsmith said) it ballooned the neck so he had a hard time getting it out. What should have cost like $65 cost 114................thus the thanks dad. I think I'm going to kick him and my brother in the crunchberries next time I see them.

Backstrap fever!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Bronze Member

a little late , but there is a rifle smith in arlington [ just north or seattle ] that is top notch . their name is benchmark barrels . ph. #360-265-2594 ive been to their shop several times ,and myself and several buddies have had them do everthing from removing stuck cases to rechambering and building custom barrels. prices are reasonable , and work is top notch. adam
Old 07-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

I know this is a little old, but if you ever need a good gunsmith in western WA it's Mike Palazzo of Palazzo Precision. 253-631-3659. Old school gunsmith that turns out the most amazing work you will ever see.