Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Feral pig and Prarie Dog hunting in Or.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Bronze Member

Feral pig and Prarie Dog hunting in Or.

Does anyone know of good areas to hunt PD in Oregon that are open land? Also, anyone know of feral pig hunts in Oregon? I tend to only hunt varmint and problematic animals.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Silver Member

Re: Feral pig and Prarie Dog hunting in Or.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter98 View Post
Does anyone know of good areas to hunt PD in Oregon that are open land? Also, anyone know of feral pig hunts in Oregon? I tend to only hunt varmint and problematic animals.
If you find anybody that admits to shooting prairie dogs this side of the Rockies, you will know right away that they are liars. Don't know about pigs though.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM

i actually live in washington, but am also interested in pig hunting in our corner... night hunting is illegal up here, and that's when the boys in texas seem to do most of their pig hunting... not sure about oregon?
Old 04-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Bronze Member

Do you mean "sage rats"? That is the name I know them by. I am from Oregon and there is unlimited area to hunt them. As far as pigs go, ask the ODFW. They will direct you to known places where they have been seen. Most of which are private land and most of the owners have figured out that they can charge people to go in and hunt them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter98 View Post