Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > West

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Central Washington

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Silver Member

Well, I made it up to the 1000 yard line. If it hadn't been for Monte and this thread I would have forgot all about the match.

Had a great intro to the sport, with some great shooters to help me learn the rules better and help me fine tune my equiptment. I had fun talking to and meeting other shooters, even if it was 105 degrees. :eek:

If you live in Washington or N. Oregon, Rattlesnake is a great place to really test your wind reading skills. For sure. .

Getting some more ammo ready for next week guys, Douglas Ridge.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

Wow, can't believe it's been so long since I've posted here. Sorry if I seemed to ignore anyone.
Yes, RattleSnake is a nice range. I have to take another class for the 1k RO qualifications. Just waiting for the class to come around. Check out Welcome to TCSA and it list the sked of events and other interesting things. HAGO. JohnnyK.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:34 PM

It's been awhile

I've been busy with work lately, so I too haven't been on the forum for awhile. Actually, I am sitting in Wenatchee right now, heading to Chelan tomorrow. Milanuk, do you know Rick Garcia? I believe he shoots up at the Super Oval from time to time. I really need to get involved with that now that work and family are settling down a bit.

Is there stiil any interest in picking a Saturday or Sunday to meet up and launch some lead?
Old 07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Gold Member

I know a Rick Garcia, but the one I know isn't a local fellow.

We have been holding semi-regular 600yd practices on the first weekend of the month since the beginning of the year: Saturday before the race track opened up, Sunday after they opened, 1300-1500. Pretty informal, normally ran as two groups/relays - one pulling targets for the other as we use 600yd MR-1FC target centers stapled on some plywood frames in our regular HP target carriers. We have a small but regular attendance.

Another fellow has some steel targets that he sticks up at longer ranges; albeit off the property per se (he has permission from the land owner) and some folks take the opportunity to plink at those from 800 to 1400yds with everything from .308s to .50 BMG.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM

Could be the same Rick Garcia as he doesn't live in Wenatchee. He used to live in Yakima, and I think he still owns a company called Tri-Tech Training. Anyways, he is the guy who got me into long range a number of years ago when I turned 18. Been dinkin' around with it ever since. Now I finally have the cash to be able to pursue it the way I'd like.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Gold Member

Sounds like the same guy... when I met him he lived down by Boise, I believe, and now I think he lives over by Bellingham? I think he goes by 'The Nailer' over on WestCoastTactical.com, assuming I haven't gotten screen names and real names mixed up