Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Administration > Forum Announcements

Forum Progress Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2001, 07:37 PM
PUBLISHER

Forum Progress Report

Membership has increased 50% in the last week or so. Daily traffic has tripled since May 1. The forum is just over one month old. I have been reluctant to promote it heavily until I was sure I had any bugs worked out in the software and with the hosting site.

Many "readers" have not yet posted or become members because they are waiting to see if we really will protect their posts from flames and other naysayers as our rules so state. Hopefully it has now been noted that I have actually demonstrated that commitment a couple times recently on questionable posts.

Try mentioning www.LongRangeHunting.com now on some of the other sites you may frequent! I think we are ready.

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 06-04-2001, 07:43 AM
Silver Member

Re: Forum Progress Report

Yeah, Len, I'd say you're ready. The forum is coming along nicely. I'll drop the word on a few more friends...

Good job!
Old 06-12-2001, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

The site is more than I expected, this is great. I`ve read only a few posts so far and have alot of catching up to do.

Thanks for the invite Len, THAT and THIS site ALREADY means alot to me.

I look forward to the exchange of thoughts with like minded individuals, and will pass the word to those I feel are.

Great Job!

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Brent ]
Old 06-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Bronze Member

Rather than posting the existence of this forum to all sorts of different lists or websites, it might be a better idea to keep it a word of mouth thing.

Wholesale postings will only result in all sorts of ethics fights for the list admin to edit out.

It might even be a good idea to require prospective members to be proposed by a current member. This would ensure that new members are like minded people who will positively contribute to the forum.

Peter Cronhelm
Old 07-15-2001, 06:06 PM
Platinum Member

Peter

That's a good thought----Keep it as an invite from the currect members.

When you open it up World wide, you will have problems for sure.

Darryl Cassel