Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Northeast

Northeast ME, NH, VT, CT, RI, MA, NY, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ

Hunting, Long Island, NY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 02:10 PM

Hunting, Long Island, NY

Good afternoon,

I live on Long Island, NY and would like to go hunting this fall. I have hunted in Alabama, but never in the NY area. Can anyone tell me good place to go?
Me be organized hunting at some private reserves. I am mostly interested in deer hunting.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hunting, Long Island, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommackBoy View Post
Good afternoon,
I live on Long Island, NY and would like to go hunting this fall. I have hunted in Alabama, but never in the NY area. Can anyone tell me good place to go?
Me be organized hunting at some private reserves. I am mostly interested in deer hunting.
Thanks.
From one Long Islander to another - Welcome to LRH

There is quite a bit of public deer hunting land on Long Island. Mostly archery but shotguns are permitted during the special Jan. shotgun season. For literature regarding the various seasons and requirements contact the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation in Stoney Brook.

By the way - the longest rifle range on LI is 200yds. The Long Island Shooting Range @ Brookhaven is open to the public Wed - Sun. They have a web site if you're interested.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Hunter View Post

There is quite a bit of public deer hunting land on Long Island. Mostly archery but shotguns are permitted during the special Jan. shotgun season. For literature regarding the various seasons and requirements contact the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation in Stoney Brook.

By the way - the longest rifle range on LI is 200yds. The Long Island Shooting Range @ Brookhaven is open to the public Wed - Sun. They have a web site if you're interested.
I go to that range and the one in Calverton all the time. I was more interested in a rifle hunting somewhere in Upstate or PA...
Old 08-22-2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmint Hunter View Post

Great range been there this sat
Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Bronze Member

I normaly go to Mongaup pond, Little pond and Big pond. There all located in the livingston mannor area. Exit 96 on Rt 17. There all state camp grounds. Plenty of state trails to follow. Not too many areas for a long shot mostly under 100 yrds. Even though its still better than working for the day. Just talke the troughway to Rt17, take it to exit 96. Go left for Mongaup and go right for Little and big pond. Good luck.