Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Northeast

Northeast ME, NH, VT, CT, RI, MA, NY, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Bronze Member

Any gunsmiths in the south central pa area?

Unread 06-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Gunsmiths

Clarence Hammond
Red Lion, PA

Great gunsmith! I I have two rifles from him a 6BR and 7mm RUM.

I bought a used Rem 700 BDL and sent it to him. Told him I wanted a 7mm RUM with a 28inch barrel, brake, work the action, and bed it. I love the rifle it shoots the 160 accubond and the 168 VLD's very well. 160 accubond runs 3425fps and the berger 3300. The accubond shoots a shade better but both have posted many 3 shot groups from .25 to .4 @ 100...I shot the 180 VLD into .211 but it showed too much pressure at the gun brake is VERY efficient it is fun to shoot

The 6BR I bought from him and is a Rem 700 with oversize bolt and a strait Kreiger. I went to pick it up we lapped the rings in and shot it, after shooting and cleaning posted a 5 shot .25" group. It has only gotten better, it has been a dream rifle. Last weekend we shot to 588 and it only had half and inch of vertical stringing but i was not doing well with the wind 3.5"

A friend has a 6ppc of his and that little gun shoots one hole, we allways tell him he must be off the paper because rarely does it open up to cutting half a

Good Luck,
Unread 06-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member
Re: Gunsmiths

Kevin Cram

He is a member here
Montour County Rifles
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
If you want to shoot Bergers start here!