Northeast ME, NH, VT, CT, RI, MA, NY, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ

Anyone from pa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Silver Member

Re: Anyone from pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwall3d11 View Post
Washington Pa here. Anyone know of any 500yds+ ranges south of Pittsburgh?
Best of the west tv show Phil Conklin who is a member of this site has access to a range in fayette co that's 1400. I met him at the Harry burg show and he was telling me they run some schools in Ohio on the pa border and in Fayette co. If your a local you know it as "on the mountain"
Old 05-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Bronze Member

jwall3d11,

You live in Washington? I lived there for 40+ years before retiring and going to FL. Back every year to hunt bear and deer. Deer mostly in West Finley area. I know of the range west of Graysville, near Ryersipon Park, 300 yds. Any longer that a person can get to? It would be nice to stretch my 7STW for a change.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekyrifleman View Post
jwall3d11,

You live in Washington? I lived there for 40+ years before retiring and going to FL. Back every year to hunt bear and deer. Deer mostly in West Finley area. I know of the range west of Graysville, near Ryersipon Park, 300 yds. Any longer that a person can get to? It would be nice to stretch my 7STW for a change.
Check out Harry Jones Memorial 1000 Yard Club. A benchrest club in Fairview, WV. That's where I do all of my long range work close to home. It's about an hour from Washington I would guess but well worth the travel. Nice benches and Backstops at 100-700yds then a 10 target backstop at 1000.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharfo View Post
Do you have any spots to hunt ground hogs? Looking for a new spot for my son and I......
I wish. The last one I had changed hands. I am on the hunt for one myself. If I find a place I will let you know and perhaps we can meet up.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Bronze Member

Coop,

Thanks, I will check it out.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekyrifleman View Post
Coop,

Thanks, I will check it out.
Anytime. Next time you head up this way from the land of palm trees and bikinis let me know and perhaps we can meet up. Always nice to kill paper way over there with some fellow hunters. Most of the guys down there are into the benchrest game and look at me with great confusion when I try to explain that yes I am shooting at a grand today and no my rifle isin't 15lbs. But boy you can learn a lot from those guys when it comes to rifles and accuracy. If you can experiment with it on a gun they have tried it. Last year an IBSA Heavy Gun record was set. 3.280" ten shot group!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
Anyone from pa-dscf0362.jpg  
Old 05-21-2014, 09:41 AM
Silver Member

I just moved to SW PA from WV. I'm looking to get into LR shooting. My time is pretty limited, but I'd love to get together and shoot/learn with some more experienced folks if we can work out some details.

Chris