Northeast ME, NH, VT, CT, RI, MA, NY, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ

Anyone from pa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 08:38 PM

Re: Anyone from pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittys300rum View Post
my first post here I live in Curwensville,PA
Hey big guy! I've hunted out there since 1970. my brother-in-law is part owner in a camp off Mount Zion Rd. We hunt the triangle bordered by the Hoover Nelson road. I shot more bucks there than the rest of the guys combined. approx. 20 or so. Made a trip out there in April I believe as my son ordered a gun from Grices. While we were there I bought a Ruger 10-22 takedown. Maybe you might know the original owners family. I believe they are from Glen Richey. Earl Cramer ithink was his name. he had two boys, Mark and Dave. Dave is the only one still around. Finally found Denny's but I think I would go to St. Charles the next time.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Bronze Member

Hey, I'm new to this forum and was about to post a thread to get to know some people around this area when I ran across this thread. Im from around the Pittsburgh area. Anyone around that area?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Silver Member

Hey locals,
Would anyone around the Blair county area or surrounding area be interested in splitting 8 pounds of H-1000???
I can only find the big cans , There is No 1.lb cans anywhere. I cant see me buying all 8 pound for myself it's just to much. It would be a Brand new unopened jug until we meet.. please pm me.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Bronze Member

I am from the N. E. corner of Pa., Close to the Poconos. And you would do well to find some private land to hunt here, because the state game lands are overrun by NY. & NJ hunters. No cut to the out of state hunters because they pay for the privilege to hunt here. And as far as long range hunting here is, my longest shot ever was 246 paces across a farmers field at a crop damage doe with a 7mm Rem. mag.. Most of my shots over the 50 years I've been hunting here I could have done easily with my old Marlin 30-30.
Old 05-09-2014, 05:56 PM

I'm from Greene County, close to da 'burg! Lived and hunted here all 31 years of my life and started "long range" hunting with a youth model seven in .243. Using the duplex as my only holdover point, I made a few 300-375yd shots with good old 90gr partitions with that setup. These days there just aren't many great local long range spots I can access anymore. I spend most of my time now hunting Nebraska and Wyoming unguided.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentcooper View Post
I'm from Greene County, close to da 'burg! Lived and hunted here all 31 years of my life and started "long range" hunting with a youth model seven in .243. Using the duplex as my only holdover point, I made a few 300-375yd shots with good old 90gr partitions with that setup. These days there just aren't many great local long range spots I can access anymore. I spend most of my time now hunting Nebraska and Wyoming unguided.
Do you have any spots to hunt ground hogs? Looking for a new spot for my son and I......
Old 05-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwall3d11 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check em out, that's not real far from my house. My buddies father-in-law has a 1,400 yard range but they're about an hour and 15 minutes away. I need to get down there though every once in a while and do some plinking. Try to talk him into stretching it out to a mile.
Is the 1400 yard range off of Wharton Furnace road?