Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Midwest

Midwest WI, OH, IL, IN, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE,

South Dakotans! Where you at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM

Re: South Dakotans! Where you at?

Hello all
I live in Rapid City.... IE Box Elder

F-class and High power. also some BR in Pierre. Spend lots of time at the Chip. I like having some place I can go and NOT see all of the TRASH that is at Beretta or at Buffalo Gap.

would be willing to hook up to go to Byers Co. or Aliance NE any time or any other shoot.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Gold Member

Target rifles made here:

LongRifles, Inc.

Greetings from sturgis.

Chad
Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

I was wondering if you were gonna surface again. Now that you're all set up, I may have to wander up there and buy lunch.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Silver Member

I'm in S.F, I shoot at the SF Benchrest club,out to 300. And the County LEO range which if can get to 450. I put 5 in 1.8 at 300 while breaking in a new barrel last week, looks promising for no load developemnet. As mentioned earlier the best gunsmith( hands down) in the area is Stan Wear. SGR gunsmithing Westbrook MN. I think he is retired but still will build stuff if you ask.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:25 AM
Silver Member

I was out to the Buffalo Chip Monday to look the place over and it was a bit disappointing. There was only one target holder at each range from 100 to 600 from what I seen and it looked like you had to bring your own cardboard to put on the target holders to put your targets on. I talked to another guy that shoots there and he said that normally they have plywood on the target holders so maybe they take it down when its closed. Shooting towards the airport didn't grab me either but then there is a big hill between the target and the airport so maybe that isn't a problem. I'm going to have to check it out some more as the range was closed that day and I'm going to have to go back when its open to see whats really going on.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:02 AM
Gold Member

I'm sitting good in Rapid. Moved here last Oct. Anyone have experience hunting in area 15b, north of Belle Fourche? The wife and I drew "any deer" tags for this area.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 08-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Silver Member

I read your post on your wedding Jarhead 1371 and am still laughing. I seen it. Heck of a great start for a marriage. Go to the Gun Library and ask around you might find me. :-)
Anyway, glad to have you here. We need to get a something going to get a decent place to shoot long range. Nothing here past 600 yds and I am beginning to miss my 1400 yd range I use to have access to. 600 is just no fun once to been to 1400.