Midwest WI, OH, IL, IN, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE,

South Dakotans! Where you at?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Bronze Member

Re: South Dakotans! Where you at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDhunter View Post
c_bass16 you are lucky, I'm east river also but no where to shoot long range either. I would be really interested in the O'niell ops day. Please let me know details when you get some thanks.

Where are you at in East River? I have a range set up just north of Clark. I do not own the ground but have easy access to it within reason. Steel targets are set up every 100 yards from 300 - 1000 yards and can actually go out to about 1400. I have about 15 target stands 3' x 3' we can set up as well. It is just set up in a 1/2 mile by 2 mile long patch of CRP. We fire from south to north so the sun ain't in our eyes and the winds aren't always quite so bad. I will be putting in a permanent bench later this summer but for now we use portable benches or lay down carpet and fire off bipods.

So if you or anyone else can plan with my schedule (I am always looking to go shoot) I am sure we can work something out.

Pete
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 AM

I'm heading to Faith SD for an Antelope bowhunt September 7th-14th, can anybody tell me how the antelope numbers are looking in that area.

Also, pending if/when we tag out, we are also looking to possibly do some prairie dog or coyote hunting in the area. Does anybody know how the yote or prairie dog hunting is in that area? Also, any guide recommendations?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livvvv2Hunt View Post
I'm heading to Faith SD for an Antelope bowhunt September 7th-14th, can anybody tell me how the antelope numbers are looking in that area.

Also, pending if/when we tag out, we are also looking to possibly do some prairie dog or coyote hunting in the area. Does anybody know how the yote or prairie dog hunting is in that area? Also, any guide recommendations?

If you dont mind heading just a shade further North to Lemmon, SD Steve at Lodge Pole Creek Outfitters has some pretty good PD and Yote hunting. He is pretty reasonable $$ wise and is a great guy! Tell him Pete and his boys from Clark sent you.

Here is his link: South Dakota Mule Deer, South Dakota Whitetail Hunting, South Dakota Antelope Hunting, South Dakota Pheasant Hunting
Psalms 55:22 "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."
Old 08-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Silver Member

SD 2012 ... What did you get drawn for?

So far I am successful for -
27B18 - Fall River County, Whitetail (first time hunting 27B)
WR Fall Turkey
Resident special Canada Goose, Bennett County

Waiting to hear on -
15B Butte County, Antelope

Unsuccessful (again!) -
Elk
Bighorn Sheep
Black Hills Deer

This will be my first time deer hunting in 27B. Lots of accessible land available. I need to narrow down where I'm going to focus my time. Anybody have any suggestions?

Bob
Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM

Near Aberdeen SD for me. New here but loving it so far.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGCKillshot View Post
Near Aberdeen SD for me. New here but loving it so far.
Where near Aberdeen? I'm in Clark. Do you have any good places to shoot up there?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Silver Member

Hello fellow South Dakotans! Glad to see there are so many in my state that are into long range hunting and shooting.

If anyone wants to get together to bang some steel, be sure to look me up. We've always got some powder burning somewhere.