Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Regional Forums > Midwest

Midwest WI, OH, IL, IN, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE,

ND Hunting Insight??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Bronze Member

ND Hunting Insight??

I am not looking for any body's secret spot but.....

Thinking in the fall I would like to go out to ND for Deer, Pheasant and maybe pdogs(not that important) Mainly pheasants and morning and evening deer hunts. Anybody got tips or ticks for time of year and area for non residents to go out there.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Re: ND Hunting Insight??

I don't think you will get a deer tag for ND as a non res, My freinds who live in ND only draw about once every 3 years. Archery is doable for a non res tag.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Bronze Member

You can get a Non Res archery? That is what the hunters would like. I am more of a rifle/ shotgun kind of a guy.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyboy View Post
I don't think you will get a deer tag for ND as a non res, My freinds who live in ND only draw about once every 3 years. Archery is doable for a non res tag.

I don't know what your friends are putting in for, maybe buck mule deer only or whitetail buck only. In the last 16 years of hunting North Dakota whitetails, the only time I have ever NOT gotten a tag is if I put in for a buck - and that was only one year, I still got doe tags. Mule deer are a different story - there aren't as many and they are all on the west side of the state.

My Dad, a few friends of ours, and myself have all on a regular basis been able to get pretty much as many tags as we want - we have had five each at the same time.

Non-residents I don't know about.

Current deer population is down significantly from a few years back, so its harder to get a deer, but not a tag.

Matt N